Darwin Awards for 2021

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
In the original Bravo Two Zero, McNab describes as youth doing just this sort of thing, and losing a friend in exactly the same way. Set him on a mission to join up.

I found it conspicuous by its absence in the 20-somethingth anniversary rerelease that I reviewed for Arrse.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Urban explorer my effing arse.

Just like those twats who bang on about 'wild swimming' or 'wild camping'

It is:

Climbing.
Swimming.
Camping.

And in his case, Urban dying.
And that a can of paint in his (now lifeless fingers) was to cause criminal damage and blight the area, I hope his mates think it was worth it.

Darwin candidates come in pairs when His Purple Majesty chips in.

Two contenders in Wishaw, where is no suggestion that the motorbike was 'borrowed' for the afternoon, no sir. One of the 'angles' was awaiting trial on an unrelated charge of giving out a savage kicking . I'm shocked.

For more context, scroll down to the post funeral brawl story.

What a pair of oxygen thieves. The world is better off without them...

It's not known as 'Silly Sussex' for nothing! From today's Brighton Comic (sorry Argus):

People photographed peering over edge of Birling Gap cliffs​

1617353738628.png

A depressingly common occurrence, I'm afraid - the cliffs here are 400ft high and bits regularly collapse into the sea and it is a favoured spot for suicide jumpers.

It's not known as 'Silly Sussex' for nothing! From today's Brighton Comic (sorry Argus):

View attachment 561976
A depressingly common occurrence, I'm afraid - the cliffs here are 400ft high and bits regularly collapse into the sea and it is a favoured spot for suicide jumpers.
Well I suppose should they fall there's no need for the blues and twos.
How utterly bonkers!

View attachment 561976
Let me guess... there's probably an abundance of GBFO signs saying 'careful, the edge is prone to crumbling'?
Or words to that effect.
that footpath looks well worn, though.

Let me guess... there's probably an abundance of GBFO signs saying 'careful, the edge is prone to crumbling'?
Or words to that effect.
that footpath looks well worn, though.
There is indeed - basically so that the NoK can't try and sue for compo by saying that 'they didn't know that the cliffs were dangerous'. So prevalent is coastal erosion here that the Belle Tout lighthouse (featured in The Lives and Loves of a She-Devil) had to be dismantled a few years ago and moved inland a bit. The problem is that good people (i.e. trained rescuers) then have to risk their necks to recover the bodies.

Arse Gravy

War Hero

View attachment 561976
Something similar I posted on another thread.

The site is notorious for accidents and suicides. An individual took it upon himself to mark off the area and warn people, the same people who threw his markers over the cliff. Some people just deserve to expire before their time.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The problem is that good people (i.e. trained rescuers) then have to risk their necks to recover the bodies.
Yes but they do rot eventually so there is really no need.

View attachment 561976
Some more silly Sussex.

Base jumper hospitalised after parachute fails to open during Beachy Head jump​

Must admit I love the Sussex Downs. Have done the Marathon here 3 times in all and the 7 Sisters and Beachy Head are at the end of the route. Absolute killer!

...The problem is that good people (i.e. trained rescuers) then have to risk their necks to recover the bodies.

Shirley it would be easier and safer to just trap the local shitehawks and stick their fingers down their throats.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A candidate perchance?
169558884_1167042147147184_5284363349522058244_n.jpg

Not quite, but by heck very nearly!

Concealed Carrier Grabs Crotch And Runs Out Of Store After Negligently Shooting Himself In The Bread Aisle​