Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darwin Awards for 2021

Kicking off the new year in style; flip-flops, wet and slippery rocks and a long drop don't make a good combination for that 'Instagram moment'. Hardly 'mysterious', just mong-like.

69b1b37ab935b9e83e901fd93d4c6f65

This is the haunting last photo of a man taken seconds before he slipped and fell from the cliff at Victoria Falls. Picture: Newsflash/AustralscopeSource:australscope

'This is the haunting last photo of a man taken seconds before he mysteriously toppled off a cliff at Victoria Falls during a day out with a friend.

'The body of Roy George Tinashe Dikinyay, 40, was eventually found 5km downstream from where he fell at the iconic tourist destination in Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe’s Newsday reported he was taking turns with a friend to take photos at the gorge when he slipped and plunged in the falls. “We were alerted by the woman’s scream and she told us that he had slipped and fallen,” a fellow tourist told Newsday.'

Haunting photo of man who fell off cliff at Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe (news.com.au)

It could have just been a wake-up, dawn swim but with 10 tourists on the Gold Coast just after New Year, I wonder whether alcohol was involved?

'A 21-year-old Victorian man has drowned after an “absolutely tragic” early morning swim turned fatal at a Gold Coast canal.

'Emergency services were called to the intersection of Hooker and Sunshine Boulevards at Broadbeach about 5.30am on Tuesday after reports a man entered the water and did not resurface. Superintendent Baade said the man was part of a group of 10 Victorians holidaying at a residence near the incident, and three of them were in the water at the time.'

Gold Coast: Victorian drowns in Broadbench canal (news.com.au)

It's a pity Snowy has already bred. He would be a shoe-in.

Oh FFS, not this AGAIN!

'... the child who inherits an unlucky gene will have his own shot at notoriety one day. So the rules do not disqualify nominees who have already reproduced.'

Darwin Awards: History and Rules

It could have just been a wake-up, dawn swim but with 10 tourists on the Gold Coast just after New Year, I wonder whether alcohol was involved?

'A 21-year-old Victorian man has drowned after an “absolutely tragic” early morning swim turned fatal at a Gold Coast canal.

'Emergency services were called to the intersection of Hooker and Sunshine Boulevards at Broadbeach about 5.30am on Tuesday after reports a man entered the water and did not resurface. Superintendent Baade said the man was part of a group of 10 Victorians holidaying at a residence near the incident, and three of them were in the water at the time.'

Gold Coast: Victorian drowns in Broadbench canal (news.com.au)
A case of double stupidity, the canals there are known to have Bull sharks in them. He's actually lucky he drowned before one of them got him.

Surely these 2 mong mingers are trying to hard.
A train will be every 30 minutes, now do this at Raynes Park & you are more likely to die.
Hope it is very painful and takes a while to snuff it to make bint realise her stupidity.
When it comes to train level crossings this gentleman from India shows us Brits the proper way to get a Darwin award.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
“GIVE US YOUR MONEY”

”Er no”

What could possibly go wrong in a country known for guns?

Read all of the link he should have use a thicker book, maybe a book as thick as himself.

Not even imaginative in the offing. Here's a hint.

'At least one man is dead after three were swept off rocks at Port Kembla in New South Wales on Friday night, at the same location where three men drowned three weeks ago.

'Emergency services were alerted after the men were swept into the sea just before 7pm at Hill 60 near Fishermans Beach, NSW Police said in a statement. Police searched for them along with a helicopter crew and surf lifesaving inflatable rescue boat. A Highway Patrol officer and a member of the public swam out to the men with a flotation device.

'Two men and the officer were rescued from the water by a surf rescue crew and taken to Port Kembla beach. One of the men was given CPR but died at the scene. The police officer and second fisherman rescued by boat were not injured.'

Any 'expert mine makers' on this site? Looks like a vacancy has come up.

'The 209th Shaheen Corps said in a statement on Saturday that 30 Taliban fighters including six foreign nationals who were expert mine makers had been killed in a bomb explosion this morning.'

Whining Civvy

War Hero
Any 'expert mine makers' on this site? Looks like a vacancy has come up.

'The 209th Shaheen Corps said in a statement on Saturday that 30 Taliban fighters including six foreign nationals who were expert mine makers had been killed in a bomb explosion this morning.'
The 209th Shaheen Corps said in a statement on Saturday that 30 Taliban fighters including six foreign nationals who were expert mine makers had been killed in a bomb explosion this morning.

Obviously not that expert.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The 209th Shaheen Corps said in a statement on Saturday that 30 Taliban fighters including six foreign nationals who were expert mine makers had been killed in a bomb explosion this morning.

Obviously not that expert.
I think I managed to subtly highlight that point in my post.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads