Darwin Awards for 2020

French 16-year-old free climbing prodigy Luce Douady plummets 500ft to her death in fall from cliff

Luce Douady fell 500ft while walking to a climbing spot with friends in the Alps
Investigators believe she had not attached her cable to a handrail properly

Learning point: hard bits of scenery can hurt when you fall on them.

So many dumb ways to die.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
French 16-year-old free climbing prodigy Luce Douady plummets 500ft to her death in fall from cliff

Luce Douady fell 500ft while walking to a climbing spot with friends in the Alps

It bothers me a bit when I read that she was a promising climber. I wonder what the rest are like according to that.

A recent plane crash in Pakistan appears to have led to a clampdown on fake pilots licences.
A plane crashed on landing in Karachi in May. It is claimed that the pilots were not focussed, and forgot to put the wheels down. When the engines hit the runway, they tried to pull up. Sadly the engines were too damaged to work, so the plane crashed killing 97 people. We don't yet know if those pilots had genuine licences or not.

A recent plane crash in Pakistan appears to have led to a clampdown on fake pilots licences.
A plane crashed on landing in Karachi in May. It is claimed that the pilots were not focussed, and forgot to put the wheels down. When the engines hit the runway, they tried to pull up. Sadly the engines were too damaged to work, so the plane crashed killing 97 people. We don't yet know if those pilots had genuine licences or not.
Every single Pakistani taxi driver in the UK dislikes this post.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer