Darwin Awards for 2020

Damn; could have been a Double Darwin.

The moment two Russian nationals were swept off rocks during large swells at Bondi Beach, Sydney, on Saturday February 15, 2020. One of them, Andrei Ivanov, drowned. Picture: 9NEWS

The moment two Russian nationals were swept off rocks during large swells at Bondi Beach, Sydney, on Saturday February 15, 2020. One of them, Andrei Ivanov, drowned. Picture: 9NEWSSource:Supplied

I just found this on Canadian Gun Nutz. The sub-titles are wonderful.
That definitely made oi larf. The tears are still rolling down my cheeks. (the ones at the top)

And that is why Russia's average life expectancy for males is over a decade less than ours.
I'm now disappointed in the correlation between Newtowian physics and moral justice; the weapon went off and the twat only fell over.

E2A; for the benefit of UKTAP, what apparently doesn't get understatement.

Last edited:

UKTAP

LE
I'm now disappointed in the correlation between Newtowian physics and moral justice; the weapon went off and the twat only fell over.
You don't need to understand physics to know that the first time you fire a bangy thing, you might want to do so from a vice, especially if its made from balsawood and tin foil.

You don't need to understand physics to know that the first time you fire a bangy thing, you might want to do so from a vice, especially if its made from balsawood and tin foil.
Original post amended for the hard of humour.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not sure if he can be a candidate for a Darwin as at 64 years of age he either has increased the gene pool or if he had no kids then had little chance of doing so.
Not so!

'Is a nominee automatically disqualified if he has offspring? Since genetic and environmental factors both play a role in determining our choices and behaviors, we will need to discuss each as a source of potential Darwin Award candidates, then attempt to answer the question posed above. ... And finally, the child who inherits an unlucky gene will have his own shot at notoriety one day. So the rules do not disqualify nominees who have already reproduced.'

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think the 'woke' generation have got-at the Darwin team and demanded a change in rulz as the Darwinesque parents were being discriminated against! :rolleyes:

Not sure if he can be a candidate for a Darwin as at 64 years of age he either has increased the gene pool or if he had no kids then had little chance of doing so.
Come now you curmudgeonly old twonk... he at least deserves an honourable mention just for taking off in a steam driven rocket to prove the earth is flat.

Steam driven rocket... what next? Horse drawn space travel?

I can’t find any reference to offspring so maybe he does qualify... ability to reproduce is mandated, not the likelihood of reproducing. (Not withstanding the woke, can’t discriminate against parents rule change of course)

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You get an "Excellent" for curmudgeonly old twonk !

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer