Darwin Awards for 2019

As an aside, the recommended distance to be away from the overhead wires is >9 feet. When I was a train driver I wouldn't go withing 25 yards of the buggers. :cool:
But the cab's closer than..... Ah! So that's why there's never a train when you want one.

*snigger*

'A suspected rhino poacher has been trampled on by an elephant then eaten by a pride of lions in Kruger National Park, South Africa.

Accomplice poachers told the victim's family that he had been killed by an elephant on Tuesday. Relatives notified the park ranger.

A search party struggled to find the body but eventually found a human skull and a pair of trousers on Thursday. . . '

Poacher trampled by elephant, eaten by lions

*snigger*

'A suspected rhino poacher has been trampled on by an elephant then eaten by a pride of lions in Kruger National Park, South Africa.

Accomplice poachers told the victim's family that he had been killed by an elephant on Tuesday. Relatives notified the park ranger.

A search party struggled to find the body but eventually found a human skull and a pair of trousers on Thursday. . . '

Oh dear, how sad...………...

*snigger*

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Poacher trampled by elephant!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Then eaten by lions!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Funniest Darwin in ages. Thank you who ever you are for making me laugh on an otherwise shite weekend.

Although not recent, this one should definitely be nominated for an award.... 16year Old with straight A's!
Silent night trains killed my daughter, mother claims as she sues Network Rail
Just goes to show that there is no direct correlation between education and common sense. The article does give an interesting indication of what a wonderful place Hipperholme must be though!

'Straight-A student Milena Gagic, 16, died instantly when she was hit by the night train at the level crossing in Hipperholme, Halifax, in December 2014.

'She and her best friend, Amelia Hustwick, had gone to the crossing late at night to chat because it was “a nice place to hang out”, Central London County Court heard.

'The pair were sitting between the actual train tracks, “laughing and giggling” because they were convinced trains did not run at night.'

*snegro*

Apologies to a certain Mr Frost for the unashamed poaching of his ancient quote.

It seems that there is a new trend amongst teenagers; putting oneself in a dangerous position in order to garner "likes".
Russian girl, 15, is killed and 'cut into pieces' by a freight train | Daily Mail Online
Oh well. How sad. Never mind.
Thankfully she will not procreate.
Woman died after choking when fitting as many Jaffa Cakes into her mouth as possible - AOL

Annoyingly the article doesn't say how many Jaffa Cakes she got in.

Also love this quote
May I be the first to say yes to both. Well it would have been a yes had they decided to stay alive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pimpernel The NAAFI Bar 362
GreyArea The NAAFI Bar 15
pimpernel The NAAFI Bar 525

Latest Threads