Darwin Awards for 2019

Heard about this on the radio on the way into work this morning. The presenter followed it up with Queen's "Another one bites the Dust," which made I chuckle! The victim was 25 so hopefully hasn't yet infected the gene pool.

Man fatally shot while testing out bulletproof vest

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
From your link:
"Senior coroner for Gloucestershire, Katy Skerrett, recorded a death by misadventure". More like gross culpable stupidity.
The court heard Mr McDonnell climbed under a HGV and hung onto the fuel tank for more than two miles as it was driven through Cheltenham, before losing his grip and being run over.

He had been drinking in the town centre that night.

Mrs Skerrett said there was a “significant” level of alcohol in his body, 283mg per 100ml of blood. The legal limit for driving is 80mg.

She added the alcohol was not a fatal amount but was “very high”, while there was also a “significant amount” of cocaine in his system

Dumb ways to die,
So many dumb ways to die.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Came from Wrexham so maybe he has already passed on his genes but one can hope.
The link doesn’t give the full story, just heard on the Welsh News that he thought it would be a good idea to walk on the OUTSIDE of the railings, now why would you want to do that:-? as he held on the railing gave way and bingo.
I’ve been across that aqueduct on a narrow boat and as I don’t have a head for heights I must admit I wasn’t looking forward to the return trip. No other bugger on board my vessel wanted the responsibility of captaining the damn thing, it’s very high but well worth it, a great experience and far far safer if one sticks to a boat or indeed walks on the bloody foot way.
Wrexham teenager fell 120ft to his death from Pontcysyllte Aqueduct after railing gave way

Came from Wrexham so maybe he has already passed on his genes but one can hope.
The link doesn’t give the full story, just heard on the Welsh News that he thought it would be a good idea to walk on the OUTSIDE of the railings, now why would you want to do that:-? as he held on the railing gave way and bingo.
I’ve been across that aqueduct on a narrow boat and as I don’t have a head for heights I must admit I wasn’t looking forward to the return trip. No other bugger on board my vessel wanted the responsibility of captaining the damn thing, it’s very high but well worth it, a great experience and far far safer if one sticks to a boat or indeed walks on the bloody foot way.
Wrexham teenager fell 120ft to his death from Pontcysyllte Aqueduct after railing gave way
I have been on a boat crossing the aquaduct, it was fine until a small flock of birds flew under the boat.
Didn't like that at all!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pimpernel The NAAFI Bar 362
GreyArea The NAAFI Bar 15
pimpernel The NAAFI Bar 525