Darwin awards for 2018

Grenade kills two in Moldova during attempted cigarette theft
I'm sure it seemed a foolproof plan at the time. Go into a shop, demand some cigarettes whilst holding a grenade and refuse to pay for them. Exit sharply for a cigarette. what could go wrong? :)
The Emperor must have sent the would be thief out to get some cigarettes but forgot give him the money... nobody could be that stupid without being under the influence of sulphurous smoke. Could they?

The Emperor must have sent the would be thief out to get some cigarettes but forgot give him the money... nobody could be that stupid without being under the influence of sulphurous smoke. Could they?
I agree. I'm sure his involvement was similar to when some Croations thought cleaning a chimney with a grenade was a good idea: 2005 Darwin Award: Chimney-Cleaning Grenade

depends on the intent, and given the preparation that she undertook as compared to the individual you refer to. I would count her as a naive idiot who will put others at risk whilst the former was putting himself in a risky situation knowingly. I cannot comment if he was hippy, but was probably not an idiot

Katherine Brewster missing from Brazil meditation retreat

So she wanted 'contact with earth and nature' guessing she is getting right up and close with some scavengers now. Idiot hippy
Took only her passport and a credit card and left all her other belongings when she walked barefoot into the forest -

Am I the only one who is now interpreting walked barefoot into the forest as stripped naked and dumped into the septic tank

Person went on holiday in a foreign country & is now missing. That happens from time to time. It's not a Darwin (at least not yet) & there's no call to be insulting about someone because their idea of a nice holiday differs from yours.

Insults are better directed towards people who start pointless, shit threads.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Took only her passport and a credit card and left all her other belongings when she walked barefoot into the forest -

Am I the only one who is now interpreting walked barefoot into the forest as stripped naked and dumped into the septic tank
They are called Cenotes in South America.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreyArea The NAAFI Bar 15
pimpernel The NAAFI Bar 525
Duke_of_Kaos The NAAFI Bar 86