Darwin awards for 2018

Karma..... or Emperor M taking justice..

Justice has been served

There's been some thug called Carl going round Southend -on-Sea breaking in to people's houses for months, but the police couldn't catch him. The weirdest thing about it all is he was breaking into people's houses just to ruin their washing machines by putting bricks in to them & turning them on!!!!! Really weird if you ask me... Anyway, just read that he was found dead in an alley coz of a drug overdose.. It's never nice hearing of someones death, but on the bright side, washing machines live longer with Carl gone

Is it too early for a winner?

The jokes write themselves.......

A woman died after her husband allegedly used a mortar bomb as a sex aid after they had been drinking in Peru.

Ruben Valera Cornejo, told police in Arequipa, Peru, that his wife, Yubitza Llerena, had asked him to use objects from their home as sex toys after a night out.

Peru woman dies after husband 'uses mortar bomb as sex aid' | Daily Mail Online
I'm aware of a few ladies who would have taken an 81mm and asked for more :-(

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Its the Mail granted, but its a birthday frolic on a cliff top gone wrong!
Man falls to his death while posing for a cliff-top photo | Daily Mail Online

This is the horrifying moment a man fell to his death on his birthday while posing on top of a cliff for a photo.

Footage shows Halil Dağ leaping down off a rock at the historic Urfa Castle in southern Turkey before losing his balance and tumbling off a cliff edge.

Despite scrambling to grab hold of something to stop his fall, the 39-year-old father-of-eight plunged 150ft, landing near a Kurdish restaurant at the bottom.
Kurdish restaurant you say?

1520456963012.png

Beyond parody!
So a book isn't bullet proof. Who knew!

Woman fatally shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt - CNN

A Minnesota woman killed her boyfriend Monday by shooting at a book he was holding over his chest, in a YouTube video stunt gone wrong.

According to this she used .50 calibre ammunition. Am I correct in believing this is one of largest, most powerful rounds available for a pistol?

Sentencing awaits Minnesota mom who killed boyfriend during YouTube stunt

There's a comparison between a .50 round and a .32 round below.
50_AE_and_32_ACP.jpg

Beyond parody!
So a book isn't bullet proof. Who knew!

Woman fatally shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt - CNN

A Minnesota woman killed her boyfriend Monday by shooting at a book he was holding over his chest, in a YouTube video stunt gone wrong.
This occurred last year (note the date in the news site URL) & I think we might have covered it in last year's thread. I recall thinking when I heard about it, if you wanted to know whether a book could stop a bullet, why the f*ck would you fire at it when someone is behind it.

That's going to be an interesting conversation when the kid is older: "Mom, tell me about my dad." "Err, well watch this video. Where I shoot him with an unfeasibly enormous hand cannon."

Honestly, what would stop one of those f*ckers? A stack of old fashioned family bibles would be appropriate.
I'm assuming that the bullet itself is moving a lot damn faster than most pistol bullets are, as well as being enormous.

Grenade kills two in Moldova during attempted cigarette theft
I'm sure it seemed a foolproof plan at the time. Go into a shop, demand some cigarettes whilst holding a grenade and refuse to pay for them. Exit sharply for a cigarette. what could go wrong? :)
Two people were killed in a shop in Moldova’s capital on Tuesday when a grenade brandished by a man seeking to avoid paying for cigarettes exploded, police said.
The grenade blast occurred in central Chisinau at around midday, Senior Inspector Alexandru Pinzari told a briefing.

“The explosion happened as he left the shop. The thief himself died ... and also an as yet unidentified passerby on the street,” Pinzari said.

He did not name the perpetrator, but said he was born in 1968 and had previous convictions.

Grenade kills two in Moldova during attempted cigarette theft
I'm sure it seemed a foolproof plan at the time. Go into a shop, demand some cigarettes whilst holding a grenade and refuse to pay for them. Exit sharply for a cigarette. what could go wrong? :)
Two people were killed in a shop in Moldova’s capital on Tuesday when a grenade brandished by a man seeking to avoid paying for cigarettes exploded, police said.
The grenade blast occurred in central Chisinau at around midday, Senior Inspector Alexandru Pinzari told a briefing.

“The explosion happened as he left the shop. The thief himself died ... and also an as yet unidentified passerby on the street,” Pinzari said.

He did not name the perpetrator, but said he was born in 1968 and had previous convictions.
Dying for a f(r)ag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreyArea The NAAFI Bar 15
pimpernel The NAAFI Bar 525
Duke_of_Kaos The NAAFI Bar 86