Darwin awards for 2018

A bit unfair, plenty of people have 'travelled' in Tajikistan. I'm following a bird on Youtube who's just been through there and Iran, but in fairness she's on a BMW1200GS so a much harder target.
Didn't Rory Stewart walk through Afghanistan and Pakistan?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Their blog contained a post earlier which I read (since removed, annoyingly) which detailed the car that deliberately crashed into them, described it tailgating them etc.

It was the bloke writing, he detailed that he had a few of the locals pestering them and had given them short shrift, then went on to describe the gold Sedan. Apparently it drove into them and a few other assorted euro-cyclists, the car occupants then got out and stabbed the lot of them.
He had been run over and was dying of stab wounds yet still kept his blog updated ?

He had been run over and was dying of stab wounds yet still kept his blog updated ?
Millennials are nothing if not dedicated to publishing their blogs. I'm just surprised there wasn't a last breath selfy.

Yeah, it was that Rory Stewart. From that wiki entry, he wrote a book about it - The Places in Between (strange capitalisation, but there you go).
Well every day's a school day.

I take my hat off to him. I've seen him around a few times. I'd never have guessed his achievements. I saw him on the tellybox this morning pledging to resign if his prison reforms hadn't delivered in a year.

One to watch for the future I think.

He certainly kept it updated very prior to it happening...if you look at the vid I posted it would appear it happened on quite a well maintained highway, I assume it buzzed them a few times prior.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
He certainly kept it updated very prior to it happening...if you look at the vid I posted it would appear it happened on quite a well maintained highway, I assume it buzzed them a few times prior.
Yet he made no mention of the sodomy.

"Five men got out of the car and stabbed the couple to death along with two other cyclists, one from Switzerland and the other from the Netherlands." We ought not to discount the other two.
"Two days later, ISIS released a video showing the same men sitting in front of the group's black flag. They looked at the camera and vowed to kill "disbelievers," according to The New York Times."
Disbelievers indeed.
It's what happens when you are too bone to grasp the basic concept that we are surrounded by "evil" on inumerable fronts. Rotten death suffered by pathetically naive tossers.

Well every day's a school day.

I take my hat off to him. I've seen him around a few times. I'd never have guessed his achievements. I saw him on the tellybox this morning pledging to resign if his prison reforms hadn't delivered in a year.

One to watch for the future I think.
Yes i watched that interview and was pleasantly surprised by a politician being honest about the problems and not bullshitting, definitely the type of person we should be voting into parliament instead of the self serving individuals that currently inhabit the H.O.C.

I read a book many moons ago about an Irish lady who rode her pushbike through Europe into Persia , Afghanistan an India in 1963 on her own and was met with hospitality an friendliness all the way, that was of course before the rise of fundamentalism in certain countries. You can find it here if you wish. Hmmm link dont work. Search for Dervla Murphy Full tilt, from Ireland to India by bicycle.

#39 (Too Ashuu, Kyrgyzstan - Ala-Bel, Kyrgyzstan)

If you scroll down to the photo of the horses in the road, below it is an account of them getting hassled by a man with a gold sedan who wanted to take their photo and who pushed the bloke off his bike. No mention of subsequently getting raped and stabbed but maybe he didn't have speech-to-text software installed on his phone or whatever.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreyArea The NAAFI Bar 15
pimpernel The NAAFI Bar 525
Duke_of_Kaos The NAAFI Bar 86