Darwin Award - Better late than Never!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fltpilot, Nov 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Woman who used Black and Decker drill to bore a hole into her head live on TV in bizarre health ritual dies a decade later... from drug abuse Heather Perry, 41, underwent the procedure, called 'trepanning', because she believed it would relieve her chronic fatigue syndrome.

She performed the ancient surgical technique on herself in America in 2000 but was rushed to hospital after she drilled too far, She miraculously survived and returned home to Newent, Gloucestershire, where she turned to drugs, an inquest heard. The inquest heard Heather had been arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs just two days before her death. The Coroner records verdict that she died from dependence on drugs

Woman who used drill to bore a hole into her head live on TV in bizarre health ritual dies from drug abuse | Mail Online

2. So at 29 she travelled to America, where the practice is legal in some states

Is there anything you can't do in the states? They really do get to play at silly buggers over there and to be honest, I'm jealous.

3. You've got to love the Daily female for its way more interesting links: Stephanie Fletcher: Newlywed teacher charged with raping two underage students 'during affair with teacher' | Mail Online

'The 28-year-old is alleged to have sent the students, both aged 16, naked photos of herself and often performed oral sex on them when they met up in deserted classrooms'.

Interesting use of the term 'rape' here, as I would have thought that penetration would require a lobbus-onnus; the said strengthening of the love muscle could imply consent. Oh to have been a victim at 16 of Stephanie Fletcher.

4. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's what used to be called satutary rape as they are under 18 whilst she is in a position of authority.

5. There's a whiff of the chromosomally enhanced about her, but I still would.

6. Does that bolded bit actually make any sense?

Leagalese or lazy reporting or am I fucked seeing as how I am dependent on coffee?

7. Someone from here has been commenting by the look of it. ;-)

8. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

'The 28-year-old is alleged to have sent the students, both aged 16, naked photos of herself and often performed oral sex on them when they met up in deserted classrooms'.

She was quoted by a daily wail reporter as saying " they tasted like chicken "

9. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

ps she could send us naked pictures of herself and we wouldn't tell inspector knacker would we ...