Darkside or Lightside?

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Jock_1909, Dec 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Folks,

I am in the process of joining The Intelligence Corps, and although I'm pretty set on being a regular OPMI as I fancy getting out and about, working out in the field every so often, etc. In saying that though, I do enjoy my languages, and intend to improve a few of them whilst in the Corps.

However, if I mention this, will I get pushed into being a OPMI(L)? I do want to have some language skills in my quiver, but don't want to be stuck using them all the time, or to do an extra two years training.

Cheers,

*Edited because I'm a daft civvy - Thanks Fraser

2. onHey!

Im in the exact same position as you!

Where are you in your stage of application??

3. Jock 1909
    see PM

4. This has got to be a good lad.

A transparent attempt to reignite the age old debate and draw the usual suspects into a predictable but nonetheless amusing bout of verbal sparring and mental gymnastics, albeit pitched at the level of the permanently downgraded.

On the other hand, if you are just a rubbish civvy and you've managed to work out the difference between light and dark, not to mention acquire some info on length of training and possible future employment, you have answered your own question. Darkside it is for you me lad, you're obviously far too intelligent to be stuck on the dimside. Best of luck.

5. This is not a wah.

Whats lightside / darkside then?

6. An extremely dull/stale argument by a few rather dull people who really need to get over themselves

7. I had gathered that but please explain. Ive done 21 years and only ever heard of it when i joined arrse.

8. Just to add to the debate.

Whats the difference between light and hard?

It is possible to sleep with a light on.

OK coat and taxi for one please.

9. geez, lighten up. it's not an argument, it's one long pisstake! frickin basement dwelling, dungeons & dragon playing, pasty darkside freaks :D

10. darkside?? lightside ??

No young warriors............stick to the true path over the North Face

11. Dick. Fcuk off back to your own forum.

12. You'll serve in an MI Battalion for at least the first 2 years of your career so you dont really get a choice. Plus whatever you're shite at in phase 2 is the job you'll do for your first posting.

13. What's a wah?

14. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Geordie speak for – feeck off

15. And why pray tell is this not "my" forum just as much as it's yours?