Feature Request Dark/ Night Mode

Is there anyway to get a dark mode/ theme option on this forum. I personally find it easier on the eyes, less harsh.

Something like this, as an example:

Capture1.JPG

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is there anyway to get a dark mode/ theme option on this forum
Yes. The low-tech solution is to wear sunglasses. The higher end solution is to jam a screwdriver into both eyes.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
...although, thinking about it, a 'dark / night' mode would only need a skintight rubber suit, a utility belt and a black mask with pointy ears.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Is there anyway to get a dark mode/ theme option on this forum. I personally find it easier on the eyes, less harsh.

View attachment 352280
Has your partner complained that you're spending too much time on ARRSE?:smile::smile::smile:

MsG

...although, thinking about it, a 'dark / night' mode would only need a skintight rubber suit, a utility belt and a black mask with pointy ears.
So, is this something which can be done easily enough - enabling the option I mean? If it's a pain/ not compatible with the current forum SW forget it. Just wanted to find out.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
So, is this something which can be done easily enough - enabling the option I mean? If it's a pain/ not compatible with the current forum SW forget it. Just wanted to find out.
No idea mate. One for the COs to look at. Suspect that as XenForo is customisable it'd be fairly easy but it's not my site and I don't get the ballache of implementing it.

@Bad CO?

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
The easiest option is a big blanket over you and your computer screen, with a hair-dryer running and turned to "cold" to make sure that nothing overheats. See? Eeseez, innit!

By the way: why have you changed your avatar to mine? I hope you realise that I've patented it and I'm just consulting my brief about how much I can charge for usage. I got the idea from some fella called Gates.:mrgreen:

MsG

As a simple, low tech solution have a look at your monitor/TV settings:
  • Dial the brightness settings down a touch
  • You should have a "Color Temperature" setting (Warm, Normal & Cool). I've mine set to "Warm" as it's the least bright of the given settings.
  • Have a look at the "Picture Modes" (or similar), usually you'll have options such as "Movie", "Normal", "Sport" and "User", the "Movie" mode is less harsh.

Last edited:
By the way: why have you changed your avatar to mine? I hope you realise that I've patented it and I'm just consulting my brief about how much I can charge for usage. I got the idea from some fella called Gates.:mrgreen:

MsG
This brief of yours? Is it the same one that is currently gathering information regarding instances of defamation of you and your father by @stacker1?

If it is then @redshift should be very afraid. He may be well advised to consider fleeing to the 'safe house' (somebody's garage but I am not saying whose) in which Stacker has taken refuge.