Dapper Clothing etc...

I recognize that bloke. I've seen a number of his Great Rail Journeys programs on You Tube. He takes nothing to guide him except an out of date Bradshaw (1913 or 1936, depending on his mood) railroad timetable. He must be color blind too because his choice of dress is often as bad as Colin Baker's (playing Dr, Who). I mean, WTF dresses up in neon orange slacks with a purple sport coat and white shirt? (Unless it's his boyfriend dressing him in these ridiculous clothes for a laff.)

View attachment 563592

I was watching the TV with the missus one day and he came on in some combination of black/pink/yellow/white clobber.

She said "He looks like a Liquorice Allsort".

I was watching the TV with the missus one day and he came on in some combination of black/pink/yellow/white clobber.

She said "He looks like a Liquorice Allsort".

All part of 'the brand', I guess. About 10 years ago I was invited to a pretty swept-up dinner across the road from Hyde Park, and Portillo was the after-dinner speaker. Surprisingly for me, as I only knew of him from his time as SofS Def, he was quite entertaining and pretty self-deprecating about his time as an MP.

HE117

LE
I have seen photos of Prince Charles dressed in breach of the regulation above. Perhaps you should reach out to his dresser, and deliver the appropriate rebuke.
What? Along the lines of "Who's your fat friend?"...

..that went well for a particularly dapper chap as I recall!

I consider a beige linen suit to be the civvy equivalent of KDs, and as such desert boots or brown brogues should suffice - or loafers at a push. I'd be pushed to advocate black Oxfords. In fact... I wouldn't. Oh, and brown belt. Never mix tack - including leather watch straps.

Drop 400, repeat.

That went well over my head !!
OOOhh I know...

Beau Brummel large.jpg

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Nice pair of cream/brown correspondents will do you to a treat
Well, if we're going to dick about...