DAOR and rejoin

#1
i am currently in training a th ITC but have been beginnning to think the infantry isn't really for me and might change to a different trade, but if i was to DAOR how ong would it be before i could rejoin?
 
#2
you can rejoin training straight away you just wont be given that chance to doar again


what week are you in?

isnt there an option when you can be sent straight to phase 1 establishment...
 
#3
MilitaryMind said:
you can rejoin training straight away you just wont be given that chance to doar again


what week are you in?

isnt there an option when you can be sent straight to phase 1 establishment...
i am starting week 5, i am gonna try my hardest until i have no more here, because i really want it but i am a skinny guy and i don't think i am up to it and there are plenty other jobs in the army i woud ike to do

i have spoken to my section commander and he agrees with me and said he would write me a good reference because he thinks i shoud deffinatley be in the the army just not the infantry
 
#5
kingcal91 said:
i am currently in training a th ITC but have been beginnning to think the infantry isn't really for me and might change to a different trade, but if i was to DAOR how ong would it be before i could rejoin?
Cal, are you jacking on us, after we gave you all that good advice in Chat?
 
#6
i have never been on live chat before, must be mixed up with somone else, and i don't wanna jack but there is no point staying here if i am not up to it
 
#7
Pal, if you passed ADSC and reached even the start of training then technically you've got the potential to be in the infantry.

What makes you think you aren't meeting the standard? Just because you're skinny? I don't get it.
 
#8
i wanna know how week 4 crows can get access too the net ?
 
#9
parabol said:
Pal, if you passed ADSC and reached even the start of training then technically you've got the potential to be in the infantry.

What makes you think you aren't meeting the standard? Just because you're skinny? I don't get it.
i really struggle with the tabbing, and i don't know what it is but i deffinately stil want to be in the army just the infantry isn't for me
 
#11
kingcal91 said:
parabol said:
Pal, if you passed ADSC and reached even the start of training then technically you've got the potential to be in the infantry.

What makes you think you aren't meeting the standard? Just because you're skinny? I don't get it.
i really struggle with the tabbing, and i don't know what it is but i deffinately stil want to be in the army just the infantry isn't for me
ffs you have only done 2 - 3 mile marches that is hardly tabbing, think a career in mcdonalds maybe more suited too you
 
#12
kingcal91 said:
parabol said:
Pal, if you passed ADSC and reached even the start of training then technically you've got the potential to be in the infantry.

What makes you think you aren't meeting the standard? Just because you're skinny? I don't get it.
i really struggle with the tabbing, and i don't know what it is but i deffinately stil want to be in the army just the infantry isn't for me
Hmm, you can't judge the infantry job from basic training though. I'm sure its still for you if you were convinced it was prior to training. You are just letting the tabbing issue get you down, which is making you consider different options.

Can't you get extra remedial training or something to improve on your strength? I mean, even if you are scraping in on the standard, thats all that matters, right?
 
#13
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
kingcal91 said:
parabol said:
Pal, if you passed ADSC and reached even the start of training then technically you've got the potential to be in the infantry.

What makes you think you aren't meeting the standard? Just because you're skinny? I don't get it.
i really struggle with the tabbing, and i don't know what it is but i deffinately stil want to be in the army just the infantry isn't for me
ffs you have only done 2 - 3 mile marches that is hardly tabbing, think a career in mcdonalds maybe more suited too you
it's not just that i can do it, just when the weight gets up i doubt i will be able to do it, and i don't know why i just think that something else would sui me better
 
#14
You just need to change your mentality cal. You're convincing yourself you aren't fit for the infantry. But I'm pretty sure if you wasn't meeting the standard you would of been back trooped, or put in some kind of extra training troop or something? The fact you are still in your troop means you can't be doing it that bad.

Don't keep thinking about other jobs, and that you aren't good enough otherwise it will just eat you up and you'll send yourself crazy wanting to leave. Just try and focus on cracking on with training as well as you can. If you get further in training and it actually becomes a serious issue, then start thinking about it. But at the moment I think you are making it seem more a problem than it really is, because maybe you aren't 100% sure if you want be in the infantry and using it as an excuse. Trust me, if you were to swap or leave you'll probably look back and think "crap, I actually really did want to be in the infantry." and it will be too late then. You don't think straight in basic mate, just crack on. I left Royal Marine training thinking that it wasn't for me, and I seriously regretted it when I left. You're just having a bit of a low, just try and think positive.

If you are pants at tabbing theres always other areas to impress on. Just crack on mate!
 
#15
kingcal91 said:
Sandy_The_Guvnor said:
kingcal91 said:
parabol said:
Pal, if you passed ADSC and reached even the start of training then technically you've got the potential to be in the infantry.

What makes you think you aren't meeting the standard? Just because you're skinny? I don't get it.
i really struggle with the tabbing, and i don't know what it is but i deffinately stil want to be in the army just the infantry isn't for me
ffs you have only done 2 - 3 mile marches that is hardly tabbing, think a career in mcdonalds maybe more suited too you
it's not just that i can do it, just when the weight gets up i doubt i will be able to do it, and i don't know why i just think that something else would sui me better
I'm sure Sandy will be able to help you with that.....
 
#16
yeah i have decied i am going to stay as long as i possibly can hopefully all the way, just going to get the bergan out and around the block on a night time until i improve
 
#17
kingcal91 said:
yeah i have decied i am going to stay as long as i possibly can hopefully all the way, just going to get the bergan out and around the block on a night time until i improve
Thats the spirit. :) Talk to your training team about it if its bothering you that much. I'm sure they can suggest ways of getting better. Don't let a minor thing like this jeopardize your career. I'm sure you'll encounter plenty of things that make you think its not for you in training, but equally you'll experience good times where you're convinced its for you. It's all highs and lows, thats basic training mate, just keep at it. Have a good think about it all in week 7 when you're back home in a stable frame of mind. Not when you're down in basic.
 
#18
parabol said:
kingcal91 said:
yeah i have decied i am going to stay as long as i possibly can hopefully all the way, just going to get the bergan out and around the block on a night time until i improve
Thats the spirit. :) Talk to your training team about it if its bothering you that much. I'm sure they can suggest ways of getting better. Don't let a minor thing like this jeopardize your career. I'm sure you'll encounter plenty of things that make you think its not for you in training, but equally you'll experience good times where you're convinced its for you. It's all highs and lows, thats basic training mate, just keep at it. Have a good think about it all in week 7 when you're back home in a stable frame of mind. Not when you're down in basic.
it was acctually my section commander who suggested that i maybe should transfer in the first place, like proper one on one advice not a getting shouted at and made to feel bad way,
 
#19
Cal....

DO NOT DAOR!!!!

You will find it difficult to get back in, if not impossible.

Stay in for as long as you can, once past the 12 week point (IIRC) you can retrade.

DAOR and you are fcuked if you want to stay in.
 
#20
Chocolate speaketh the truth, either grow the bollocks that your recruiter thought you possessed and stick it out, or re-badge when you get the chance. DAOR and you will have to wait a minimum of 3 months once you leave and then have to go through the process of being selected for re-enlistment that's if they will take you back in.

You think tabbing is any different in any other part of the Army, you might not carry the same weight for the Combat Fitness test in other cap badges, but the level of PT you will receive as a trained soldier can be every bit as painful, so don't let yourself down, dig deep and finish what you started ;)

If it aint hurting you arent learning ;)
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 5
SmithsRail The Training Wing 6
F The Training Wing 10

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top