Daobe Flash Player Downloads..

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by uncle_vanya, Jun 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have noticed a few posts on ARRSE that ask for a Adobe Flash Player download because the video on the posting isn't working.

I have tried to download Adobe Flash Player from the correct Adobe site, but the download fails to install.

I have an 'ACER' Laptop with Window 7 operating system. I have unchecked the on the IE8 browser I use. I also have a couple of other browers - Chrome, Opera but I'm still unable to get a 'clean' download of Adobe Flash Player..

My IE8 settings allow popups to appear, and I don't have any other setting that I can see that might be preventing a download of Adobe...

Any ideas.....?

2. HHH

HHH LE

3. Google "Mozilla Firefox" or - at a pinch - "Google Chrome", download the respective files and then click the little X in the top right corner of IE and never use it again.

HTH.

4. Does it keep throwing up a message along the lines of 'internet exlporer still open' if thats the case just keep hitting the button until it starts working again.

adobe flash must be one of the worst bit of software ever needing such regular updates and they always have to be immediate rather than waiting untill you turn of your pc.

5. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

This morning, videos playing OK. This afternoon Adobe Flash Player seemed to have uninstalled itself and GCOD (Grey Circle of Death/ grey exclamation mark) showing instead. I reinstalled it and now videos OK again. Any ideas how this happens folks?

Win7/IE11 and lappy left running, asleep with the lid down. Weird.

6. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Maybe something glitched, corrupting the loaded copy of Flash Player. A reboot may have fixed the problem by unloading FP and restarting it. Reinstall also works.

Which is why reboot and try again is a regular immediate action.

7. First thing, use Mozilla not IE, things will come good then.

Ah, just seen it has been suggested already.

8. Daobe Flash Player Downloads..

Does it do your washing ?