danish muhammad cartoon to be reprinted

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maguire, Feb 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7242258.stm

extremists were arrested after allegedly planning to kidnap and murder the cartoonist responsible - the artist has responded "Of course I fear for my life when the police intelligence service say that some people have concrete plans to kill me. But I have turned fear into anger and resentment."

2. Great! Lets introduce Sharia Law and reprint muhammad cartoon. :D

3. If only we had the b@lls to do that in this country.

4. From the News article...

If only we had the balls to do THAT in this country!!

Good skills the Danish.

F_G

Also, good work with the apple danish

5. I find it highly ironic that a cartoon depicting Muslims to be a race of violent and fanatical people in a satirical way, has incited Muslims to be violent and fanatical.

6. Whereas I think this is funny I cannot help thinking that he is being more than a little stupid, the whole thing had died down ffs! I cannot wait to see the 'outrage' of muslims the world over, perhaps he is the 'beater' who will flush some extremists into the open!
    It is worth reading the article on the BBC website about the fact that in Egypt they are aleady putting fuel into the outrage generators in preparation but think nothing of selling copies of Mien Kampf and anti semitic publications!

7. I'm all for free speech, but having seen the reaction last time, who's going to get killed because of this? Not the cartoonist or Editor, with their round the clock police guards, but some poor bastard aid-worker or Nun like last time.

And in addition:

So you catch a bunch of people plotting a murder, and promptly prepare to let two of them go? How does that work?

8. They were planning to kill the bloke (allegedly) !!!!

That doesn't give me the impression that the whole thing had died down.

9. "The cartoons were later reprinted by more than 50 newspapers, triggering a wave of protests in parts of the Muslim world."

Is that bit the BBC being fcuking liars again, or do they genuinely that's the order things happened?

10. When the Tunisians are deported I wonder where they will be going. Surely not to Tunisia.

11. See

www.prophetcartoons.com

and
    http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/

"The Mohammed Image Archive is a compendium of images that depict Mohammed (the 7th-century founder of Islam), spanning all historical periods, cultures and genres.

The inspiration for this Archive came from the global controversy over the publication of Mohammed cartoons in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten, and the need for a comprehensive and even-handed look at the wide variety of Mohammed depictions in Islamic and Western societies from the Middle Ages until today. It will remain online as a resource for those interested in freedom of expression."

PoGs
    www.pocketcomms.co.uk

12. That is practically Zen! 8O

13. My personal favourite was: "Stop! We've run out of virgins!" :rofl:

14. I bet the so-called"Danish citizen" is a naturalised islamic from some Mid-East country.

Probably arrived in Denmark claiming asylum,then received handouts courtesy of the Danish taxpayer.

If so,assuming he/she is convicted,I hope his/her citizenship is revoked and deportation takes place.