Danish Merlins grounded.

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Tartan_Terrier, Jan 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Danish Airforce has grounded it's fleet of Merlins after one of them had to make an emergency landing.

Video (in Danish):

This is by no means the first time that this has hapened, the last time I'm aware of was about a month ago near Aalborg.

How are the six that are on loan to the UK holding up? Any other comments?
  2. In the workshop... not under repair! Heavens forbid! Go back to Turkey you 'orrible foreigner. :wink:

Hej TT
  3. Hej Baldrick,
    Yes I know, but I'd say that it is implied that they're not just just parked there, so I stand by my translation.

4. They're not on loan, the danes are getting shiny new ones to replace them. Haven't heard of any problems with the ones the RAF flew while we pimped the other four (amazing what you can do with a PS3 and a hoofin great sub woofer)
  5. Well that implies that DR have no idea quite how inefficient and undermanned the forces are... and have no idea how small a workshop is and how big the Force's choppers are!

(Og sandheden er at jeg var lige glad, men var bare nødt til at skrive noget fordi det var på dansk.)
  6. How long before they buy British again?
  7. see my previous post, we will be building some shiny new ones for them in the near future.