Danish friendship unit

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Patrulje-kriger, Dec 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a corporal in charge of a Danish home guard, squad of 10. The unit is a special “Security” unit. Ore light infantry if you will

Our job is to guard installations and carry out, military operations in peace time. And support the police and fire brigade, when they have the need. We are also trained to carry out combat operations.

I have long been an admirer of the British TA and I would like to learn more about them. Maybe you could put me in contact, with a TA unit that would be interested in having a Danish friendship unit, or something.

Merry Christmas, and best wishes, from Denmark.

any one interested can write me at isbamse@hotmail.com
  2. Come on then…
    . why are you so quiet?? Its nok like I am trying to Steele national secrets ore something..
  3. msr

msr LE

The TA work during the week...

4. Okay tanks, I have read all I could find about the TA, I would like to know more about your tactics, training, structure and units..
  5. i mgiht be alone in thinking this, but i dont think it's a bad idea.
  6. Having a Danish friendship unit??
  7. It sounds like a top idea for a TA unit to be 'twinned' with the Danish one, lots of 'cross trg' with fit Danish girl soldiers can't be bad!!

Pity I am not in the TA to take advantage!:)
  8. Hi Sounds like a good Idea to me as well, I will check about this with My Regiment however the Staff are away until the New Year.
  9. Sounds like a good idea, my medic is not bad locking :)
  10. On the face of it, it sounds a good idea.

Hang on, how big are their midges?

Pat , do you have a link to a web presence or a gallery?
  11. I contacted my local infantry unit back home (at my company commander's request) in an attempt to do something similar and was referred to the battalion's training major.

Details were passed up the chain of command, and I've heard nothing since. I think getting permission from higher authority at both ends can take some time. Hjemmeværnskommandoen in particular are notoriously slow.
  12. What´s a midge?????
  13. PTP - result! :D
  14. Er de ikke tordenfluer?