Danish friendship unit

I am a corporal in charge of a Danish home guard, squad of 10. The unit is a special “Security” unit. Ore light infantry if you will

Our job is to guard installations and carry out, military operations in peace time. And support the police and fire brigade, when they have the need. We are also trained to carry out combat operations.

I have long been an admirer of the British TA and I would like to learn more about them. Maybe you could put me in contact, with a TA unit that would be interested in having a Danish friendship unit, or something.

Merry Christmas, and best wishes, from Denmark.
//Svend

any one interested can write me at isbamse@hotmail.com

PK,

The TA work during the week...

msr

It sounds like a top idea for a TA unit to be 'twinned' with the Danish one, lots of 'cross trg' with fit Danish girl soldiers can't be bad!!

Pity I am not in the TA to take advantage!:)

On the face of it, it sounds a good idea.

Hang on, how big are their midges?

Pat , do you have a link to a web presence or a gallery?

I contacted my local infantry unit back home (at my company commander's request) in an attempt to do something similar and was referred to the battalion's training major.

Details were passed up the chain of command, and I've heard nothing since. I think getting permission from higher authority at both ends can take some time. Hjemmeværnskommandoen in particular are notoriously slow.

Er de ikke tordenfluer?

Well I have a talk with my commander and I was told, that it would be best to establish a contact from my squad and a British one, with out it going thru the “hjemmeværnskomando” (or home guard command) at first..
When it comes to the cross training part it would then be easier to send an “invatation”

I used a no.3 lure Gingwarr :D

Pat, we need an open letter of introduction posted here , and some photos of the unit, descriptions of what you do , training areas, range availability etc etc.

Once you can fire up some enthusiasm, various bods, and TA senior Officers, including some VERY senior ones, may decide to pick it up and run with it. 5 Queens used to exercise in Denmark many moons ago as I remember.

What are the areas like, what would be a likely training package, how big are the local insects, what sort of activities could we expect? Stagging on on a gate in Aarhus ain't gonna sell it, so be exciting ;)

Patrulje-kriger said:
Well I have a talk with my commander and I was told, that it would be best to establish a contact from my squad and a British one, with out it going thru the “hjemmeværnskomando” (or home guard command) at first..
When it comes to the cross training part it would then be easier to send an “invatation”
Yes, that was our idea as well. Get some informal social contacts first, and then see if we could take it a bit further i.e. invites to exercises and so on.

Are you a 'bevogtningsgruppe' or a 'patruljegruppe'?