Danish Forces Ambushed - great footage

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by Tombone, Apr 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Danish forces on patrol near Gerserk in Helmand.
    The patrol comes under fire and a soldier is hit. In the ensuing chaos it transpires the Taliban position is directly in front of the patrol in a ditch only 3 metres away. A hand grenade is tossed into the ditch followed by the order to 'neutralize them' and subsequent sporadic gunfire is heard. Five Taliban are killed and there are graphic scenes of their bodies being pulled from the ditch and stripped of their weapons.

*warning graphic scenes

YouTube - Danish forces kill 5 taliban part 2/2 (subtitled)
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Great footage
  3. It's footage from the film Armadillo. Basically a Danish 'Restrepo'

Looks like a quality film.
  4. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It is! I recommend it.
  5. That was ****ing mint.... Well done the 'Viking's'
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I saw Restrepo, and although it was a good film. It lacked action IMO. This Danish one looks more like the shit I wanted to see.
  7. Pedro get a showing too.
  8. ''Give me a ****ing Taliban'' - good footage.
  9. I thought the same. I was disappointed that it didn't show more of the firefights.
    , yet when you bang 'Restrepo in YouTube there's loads of action that's not in the dvd. Weird.

This new one does look the bollocks.
  10. Well done the Danes. The more ragheads die the better.
  11. I am overcome with new foud respect for the bacon-makers.

And I'm off to tinker with my Lego as a sign of solidarity.

Good footage.
  12. Great video!
  13. Very calm and professional, two casualties? Incoming fire, initial problems locating Terry, but all dealt with without panic and while recovering potential blue on blue.
    Good video of modern infantry in combat
  14. Yeah it's from Armadillo after this theres an inquiry about if wounded prisoners were shot if I remember right this is a joint Op with the Brits, pretty good film way better the Restrepo I had a look on pirate bay as soon as I heard it was coming to the Pictures and found the full DVD rip must have already been released in Denmark top quality with English subs I am going to buy it as soon as it's out on DVD support the film makers and all that.
    • Like Like x 1