Danish Cartoonist Intruder shot

Two shots and man is hospitalised with GSW to knee and arm!

More time on ranges needed for Danish plod methinks. Concentrate on aiming at centre of body mass, hold position, squeeze trigger etc.

What is Danish for "shoot to kill"

Muslim nations are attempting to outlaw what they call the defamation of their religion.
Um, what ever happened to freedom of expression? They may be able to enforce that crap in their own countries but why should we let them in ours? If they can defamate other religions why should they expect theirs to be any different? :x It is this kind of blind intolerence that leads to peoples blind intolerance of Islam. Dam goat shaggers :twisted: :p

The cartoonist is a brave guy, I think he's done more for freedom of speech than people realise and he's paid a heavy price, his life will always be in danger.

tiny_recy_mac said:
Muslim nations are attempting to outlaw what they call the defamation of their religion.
Um, what ever happened to freedom of expression? They may be able to enforce that crap in their own countries but why should we let them in ours? If they can defamate other religions why should they expect theirs to be any different? :x It is this kind of blind intolerence that leads to peoples blind intolerance of Islam. Dam goat shaggers :twisted: :p[/quote

We have a spineless Government :roll:

The Community mentioned know they can get away with it :wink:

Certain % only respect one religon/failth, their own & refuse to want to intergrate,

Plenty of other religous faiths can accept the "British culture law & Justice" system, except you'll always get external sources demanding for change & when they recieve repliessuch as, If you don;'t like the system Leave, your classed as a Racists in most cases :x

Apparently, he went with his granddaughter to a 'safe room' and called plod - who turned up post haste. Over here he would have been told 'got no one available at the moment - keep him talking until we can get someone to you'.

jack-daniels said:
I'm sure there's a poster on here who lives in Denmark. Maybe he could give lessons!
There is, Tarten terror i think,.

tiny_recy_mac said:
Um, what ever happened to freedom of expression? They may be able to enforce that crap in their own countries but why should we let them in ours? If they can defamate other religions why should they expect theirs to be any different? :x It is this kind of blind intolerence that leads to peoples blind intolerance of Islam. Dam goat shaggers :twisted: :p
Now, wait a minute. Drawing their Prophet with a bomb under his turban is quite insulting, considering that his followers would never resort to violence to get their way! :roll:

barrett said:
tiny_recy_mac said:
Now, wait a minute. Drawing their Prophet with a bomb under his turban is quite insulting, considering that his followers would never resort to violence to get their way! :roll:
8O your telling porky's me think's :wink:

Always makes me laugh that. "How dare you say our religion's violent, we'll have to kill you now". :D

It's an interesting point to note that the cartoonist himself isn't critising the religion (at least not intentionally) but rather extremist.

He sued the maker of a dutch film because it used his image out of context to rip into the religions itself.

He only wanted to demonstrate that no religion should restrict freedom of speech. And he came out of hiding to carry on doing it knowing that he would place himself in great danger, to me that makes him a very brave bloke, someones got to stand up to these stone-age nutters and it's not going to be any or our MPs or MEPs.

mark1234 said:
He only wanted to demonstrate that no religion should restrict freedom of speech. And he came out of hiding to carry on doing it knowing that he would place himself in great danger, to me that makes him a very brave bloke, someones got to stand up to these stone-age nutters and it's not going to be any or our MPs or MEPs.
Or even our own media, who didn't print the cartoons despite chopsing off about freedom of the press when it suits thems.

stacker1 said:
mark1234 said:
Or even our own media, who didn't print the cartoons despite chopsing off about freedom of the press when it suits thems.
I think there will be a lot of journalists and other media who would want to show solidarity, but it's career suicide (if not actual suicide) and editors and advertisers won't allow it.

I remember an episode of South Park portraying the prophet Muhammed was censored shortly afterwards when Tray Parker and Matt Stone (south park creators) tried to do just that.

Herrumph said:
Two shots and man is hospitalised with GSW to knee and arm!

More time on ranges needed for Danish plod methinks. Concentrate on aiming at centre of body mass, hold position, squeeze trigger etc.

What is Danish for "shoot to kill"
In their defence it was likely dark (I know the article doesn't state the time of intrusion, but hey it's January) and probably a slightly crazy rapidly moving target. Perhaps we should surgically affix flourescent vests with "RELIGIOUS DOGMATIC NUTTER" and a target roundel to such people. :D

mnairb said:
Apparently, he went with his granddaughter to a 'safe room' and called plod - who turned up post haste. Over here he would have been told 'got no one available at the moment - keep him talking until we can get someone to you'.
Hmm......Story I read was that he couldn't reach the granddaughter in time and 'retreated' into the panic room believing that the intruder would not harm a small child. Made me furrow my brows a tad reading the story I did! Guess one of the stories is wrong then.

mark1234 said:
stacker1 said:
mark1234 said:
I remember an episode of South Park portraying the prophet Muhammed was censored shortly afterwards when Tray Parker and Matt Stone (south park creators) tried to do just that.
Off topic and pretty awful chat BUT...

Muhammed was in that episode and most others as he is portrayed amongst all the other characters in the opening credits. He was in an episode along with Jesus and other deities long ago, before people kicked off about this sort of thing. (Back to my hole).

I remember hearing the story on the radio a couple of days ago - they made the point that all the other cartoonists who drew pictures depicting Muhammed had been in hiding ever since, and this bloke was the only one to have any public contact.

Then they had a 'security expert' give the requisite soundbite that 'he may wish to rethink his personal security circumstances'. Funny that.

There was a bit in the news a couple of days ago saying that over 30 000 man hours had been used by his local police force solely on cases relating to the cartoons over the last five years.

The attacker was shot by police, and rumour has it that Kurt Westergaard will now have a round the clock police bodyguard.