Danish Army Al Fresco Peeing Scandal

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tartan_Terrier, Sep 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Scandal of the day here in Denmark is the photo on page 14 of the Danish Army Signal Corps magazine 'Telegrafen'.

There has been a lot of criticism from politicians and in the media as it has been perceived as humiliating, and sexist.

I can't see the problem myself, as long as the girls were okay about (which it seems they are), even though I can't imagine photos like this being printed in 'Soldier', but what do you reckon, is it acceptable or not?

2. "Acceptability" is a tricky one to call: what it seems to hinge on here is whether or not the soldiers in question were genuinely ok with the pictures being published. If they were, it's certainly not humiliating for them. As to whether it's sexist: if this sort of fuss wouldn't be made in Denmark over similar photos of male soldiers, then the sexism is coming from the people that are making the fuss, not from the army or the publication.

Certainly more than acceptable for those of us, er, those of you who like women in uniform and watersports - two for the price of one :D
  3. LLooks like the middle one has the makings for a great caption contest.

If they haven't got a problem with it, why should anyone else?
  4. All I was thinking was simply "Damn I should have joined the danish army".
  5. I really would like to know what "piger kan også tisse på rad og række" means.

Oh, and p.24 - Mmmmmm, Tuborg..... (Drool)
  6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

There are those amongst us who would pay good money to see that! Not that I know anyone like that. Harumph!
  7. Nothing like some Golden Rain Mmmmmm!
  8. msr

msr LE

Skjold Burne Vinhandel

Why are they sponsoring this picture? Are they a Danish laxative manufacturer?

P.S. What does this mean: hård omgangstone ?
  9. Only bad part about it is that they have not shown a pic of any paper work being done!! swizz no shots of p*ss on the paper :x
  10. "P.S. What does this mean: hård omgangstone ?"

Hard kidney stone?
  11. Not being able to read Danish, I'm a bit lost.. but.. those two little bottles in the corner.. is this an ad for some drink that makes women want to p!ss and sh!t in the woods? might be fun at parties..where do I order some??

shots of girls in bed and in the shower, too..must be something to Danish signals units...
  12. Very. Is it wrong to find them hot? :oops:
  13. Even the front page is intriguing.
  14. While your talking p1ss, I'm looking at the danish pastry on page 17.......

15. "Girls can also pish in a line formation"
    Btw Tuborg is pish.

My favourite Danish saying is:'
    "Jæg kan mæget godt lige dæg, men du må ik kneppe min røv"