Dangerous Spaz Chariots - What's to be Done?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Now that Spaz Chariots have been officially recognised as a serious threat to life and limb, how do we drive this clear social menace into the sea?

Reckless mobility scooter riders are a danger to the public, charities warn

Without generalising, offenders are generally fat, with age and a consequent lifetime of selfishness an aggravating factor. I therefore recommend a speed limiter of one third walking speed for all Spaz Chariots owned and operated by old and fat gits who fail to demonstrate the necessary courtesy and consideration.

If limiters are technologically too challenging, I propose a solution involving lethal force on the basis that, otherwise, more extreme solutions may be adopted.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Did @dingerr run you over?
He is neither fat nor or old, nor does he look like the Shakespeare-inspired hag making people's life a misery outside my local Sainsbury's the other day.

stingers outside the post office and asda

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Much as I've enjoyed your posts over the years, you're incurably Woke.
you take that back sir, or I shall send you photos of Jarrod and 'snuggles' fucking while the snail looks on. (worst photoshoot ever)

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
you take that back sir, or I shall send you photos of Jarrod and 'snuggles' ******* while the snail looks on. (worst photoshoot ever)
Woke or not, you don't pull your punches.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In one of my clinics we had an old dental chair, decades old, but in pristine condition.

Somebody decided I should have a new chair. (and by new, I mean slightly less old, salvaged from a mobile dental unit that was being decomminisioned)

In an optimistic mood, the old chair was advertised for sale. And to everyone's surprise, someone bought it. Appears they had same model and wanted a backup/spares.

Anyway this chair in my clinic had survived years of use until the last day before it was to be handed over, when someone on a motorized wheelchair engaged reverse instead of forward and drove straight into base of said chair and crack the plastic. Blamed their MS for it, apologised and drove away.

Next time you're in your local health centre look along walls, and doorways you'll see all sort of marks near floor from tyres and axle hubs!

They're a pain in the arse, especially when operated by fucking obese land whales.
Swipe the keys and run off, it's not as if the fat bastards can chase you is it.

Woke or not, you don't pull your punches.
I fight dirty, I'll kick you while you are down, and keep on kicking while the taxi I've ordered with your phone (and will be paying for with money out of your wallet) takes it's sweet time to arrive.

I'm a bit of a twat really

I therefore recommend a speed limiter of one third walking speed for all Spaz Chariots owned and operated by old and fat gits who fail to demonstrate the necessary courtesy and consideration.
It is deeply ironic that a significant % of these chariot riders are moving at speeds much faster than they ever accomplished before in their feckless lives, but now think a bit of machinery and technology gives them the right to push the rest of us aside like they own the place. Take their cigarettes and booze off them - it may help them find their feet again!

I’ve got a mobility scooter to give it a name that doesn’t particularly label me as a spaz. :)

I drive it like I drive my car. Just for those who may not be aware of my army taught exceptional driving skills, i’m very careful how I proceed on the pavement and if there are pedestrians in close proximity, I will simply stop until they have moved away.

I also recognise that many scooter users may not offer the same level of safety to others when they are belting up the pavement paying no heed whatsoever to those around them. I’ve observed some of them and thought wow, another foot or two and you would have been in court wondering where you are going to find the money to pay for the lawsuit.

The smaller scooters are limited to 4mph and the larger ones usually have a two speed setting of 4mph which you can flip a button and increase it to 8mph. Mine is a smaller model which fits in the boot of my car and is limited to 4mph. I do actually find 4mph is adequate when trotting along the pavement. Any faster and the risk factor to others on the pavement does increase substantially in my view.

The newer larger scooters are often used by those who do actually use them as a substitute for a car. A new scooter with a good battery on it will have a range of around possibly plus or minus 15 miles before it needs recharging. Battery range will go lower with usage but a new set of batteries will not set you back more than a couple of hundred quid.

You can buy insurance for a mobility scooter and if you spend all day charging around the neighbourhood, it would be the sensible thing to do. I have,’t got insurance on mine yet because I only use it for the odd shopping trip but it is really something I should do.

A way forward might be to simply say a maximum of 4mph is the limit on pavements with the 8mph capability on larger scooters being reserved exclusively for when it is being used on the actual road rather than on the pavement.

I’ve got a mobility scooter to give it a name that doesn’t particularly label me as a spaz. :)

I drive it like I drive my car. Just for those who may not be aware of my army taught exceptional driving skills, i’m very careful how I proceed on the pavement and if there are pedestrians in close proximity, I will simply stop until they have moved away.

I also recognise that many scooter users may not offer the same level of safety to others when they are belting up the pavement paying no heed whatsoever to those around them. I’ve observed some of them and thought wow, another foot or two and you would have been in court wondering where you are going to find the money to pay for the lawsuit.

The smaller scooters are limited to 4mph and the larger ones usually have a two speed setting of 4mph which you can flip a button and increase it to 8mph. Mine is a smaller model which fits in the boot of my car and is limited to 4mph. I do actually find 4mph is adequate when trotting along the pavement. Any faster and the risk factor to others on the pavement does increase substantially in my view.

The newer larger scooters are often used by those who do actually use them as a substitute for a car. A new scooter with a good battery on it will have a range of around possibly plus or minus 15 miles before it needs recharging. Battery range will go lower with usage but a new set of batteries will not set you back more than a couple of hundred quid.

You can buy insurance for a mobility scooter and if you spend all day charging around the neighbourhood, it would be the sensible thing to do. I have,’t got insurance on mine yet because I only use it for the odd shopping trip but it is really something I should do.

A way forward might be to simply say a maximum of 4mph is the limit on pavements with the 8mph capability on larger scooters being reserved exclusively for when it is being used on the actual road rather than on the pavement.
Can you get done for drink driving on one of those mobility chariots?

I find it's not so much of a problem outside or on the pavements, but the number of near misses I have had in shops or supermarkets with 'speeding' chariots coming around corners or straight out of an aisle, without an acknowledgement or apology. Some take the piss indoors.

It’s a bit of a grey area because you don’t need a driving license to drive a mobility scooter.

I understand that the police can stop you and take you to court if you are drunk and using one of the larger scooters. It’s a bit like being drunk in charge of a bike.

You won’t lose your license or have any points added to it but you will have a conviction and a fine to pay.

I’m not sure that the same rules apply to the smaller less faster models.

Somebody might have a more definitive view than I have?

D

Deleted 163822

Wednesday lunchtime anywhere near a wetherspoons is dicey as hell. Swarms of the bloody things weaving about driven by inebriated old duffers drunk on their pension

Kirkz

LE
The amount of fat cunts that think their chariot is a 4x4 off roader is staggering, I see loads of them charging up and down the fields at car boot sales shoving people away from stalls and generally being inconsiderate cunts.
Perhaps speeding the things up so the go from 0 to 100 mph in 1.5 seconds would kill the fuckers off a bit quicker.

These guys have obviously had too many near misses with the fat fucks.

Milan-Iraq-2003.jpg

Courageous restraint, I'd call it.

It’s a bit of a grey area because you don’t need a driving license to drive a mobility scooter.

I understand that the police can stop you and take you to court if you are drunk and using one of the larger scooters. It’s a bit like being drunk in charge of a bike.

You won’t lose your license or have any points added to it but you will have a conviction and a fine to pay.

I’m not sure that the same rules apply to the smaller less faster models.

Somebody might have a more definitive view than I have?
What's the point of the basket on the front if you can't put your cans of tennents super in to consume while making way t'pub?
I wanted one but now I feel the benefits have been taken away from me for using one. Meh.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
FFS Arrse standards are dropping at a huge rate of knots!

You lot, scared of a few oldies in chariots that can go little faster than walking pace!

What a bunch of fecking wimps :rolleyes:

Latest Threads