Dangerous prisoners get keys to their cells

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spike7451, Feb 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

It could only happen in NI!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/dangerous-prisoners-get-keys-to-their-cells-14196548.html

2. Don't fcuking bet on it - they'll probably try to introduce it over here because it's been a "success" in NI! :evil:

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And then pay them vast sums of money as they are really "victims".

Why not just put the rest of us in pokey and watch every move we make .......... oops, we already are. :evil:

4. Don't give the b@stards any ideas... :evil:

5. Prisoners in many English prisons have had cell/room keys for years, 15 plus to my knowledge. The keys are for their use and do not deny staff access. Bonus is that it places responsibility for their possessions onto them. If their kit is nicked, tough, should have locked the door. No compensation claims.

6. Its a bit of a stupid idea to be honest, They lost their right to freedom when they decided to murder/rape/molest people. Shouldn't see the sun nevermind have their own keys.

7. Seconded.

8. Disagree. Hangings should be conducted outside.

If getting their stuff nicked is such a problem, they won't mind being locked up for 22hrs a day guarding it, will they?

9. I stand corrected, sir! :salut: :D

10. You are right. Not as if they have keys to the front gate. Non story.

11. A lad from the area i grew up is 2 years into a 6 year term for dealing. He has 2 years left to serve but he was out for 4 days over new year and is out again few a few days soon. Add to the fact they have acces to ps3's, sky etc...its no deterent is it. Some would have a better life inside.

12. As do I. :wink: