Dangerous Jobs For Girls

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Ethel_the_Aardvark, Aug 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did anyone else see the episode with the Army Captain trying her hand at Logging in the Canadian wilderness?

http://www.channel4.com/video/dangerous-jobs-for-girls/catchup.html

She is admittidly pretty but (IMHO) came across as something of a stupid tart. "Yes well I'm accused of just fluttering my eyelashes to get what I want then what's wrong with that?" kind of approach. Exacerbated by the fact that she simply wouldn't listen to what she was told and always seemed to think that she knew best; even when that contradicted the 'instructor' with many years of experience.

Of course I accept that there may have been some selective editing to portray her in a bad light in which case I withdraw my remarks. On the other hand she didn't do much for the image of women in the Army.

Did I mention she is quite 'pretty'?

Attached Files:

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Have to confess I do agree with you
    She came across as a 1950's parody all jolly hocky sticks etc
    I 'm sure she's a nice enough girl and was as you say the victim of 'selective' editing

3. Editing or not, she came across terribly and was a complete embarrassment.

I should be harsher, but its been a couple of days, and I've forgotten the particular bits that enraged.

4. You're right I should probably have been much harsher too.

5. Bet she does ****.

6. Anyone got her mobile?

7. If she had been cooperative and useful then we wouldn't be discussing this and the TV chiefs would not have achieved their aim, to make watchable silly TV programms. I never saw it and won't bother.

8. I have. It was in her handbag when I swiped it from her locker at the logging site!

9. I'd like to drop a choccie log on her.

10. Points out of two, I'd give her one...

11. I'd punch her fcuking teeth in for fcuking about when there was work to be done. Then woul have dumped her in the lake! Sl&g!!!

12. Which Corps is/was she in?

13. guess, just guess......

14. Perhaps not surprisingly she is (was?) a member of the All Girls Corps.