Danes to take over field hospital in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Danes to take over field hospital in Afghanistan
    08 July 2009 14:05 Ministry Of Defence (National)

Danish medics have been taking advantage of British military medical expertise and training facilities as they prepare to take over the running of the Camp Bastion field hospital in Afghanistan.

Danish military reservist field hospital staff have been training with 2 Medical Brigade at the Army Medical Training Services Centre in Strensall, Yorkshire, ahead of their 3-month deployment (beginning on 20 July) to take over from 202 (Midlands) Field Hospital.

Danish Defence Secretary Soren Gade visited the training centre today to view the facilities used by British medics to prepare them for manning the field hospital where most of the British troops who require medical treatment in Afghanistan are seen. The Army Medical Services Training Centre has a mock-up of a field hospital to mirror the facilities in Afghanistan. Training includes dealing with casualties who have lost limbs and learning how to treat civilian casualties who require an Afghan interpreter.
    More on the link

2. mmmm Danish nurses :roll: almost looking forward to getting shot :wink:
  3. I have past experience of Danish medics(in a small hospital in Tonder(with a slash though the 'o').Excellent!
  4. I remember the Icelandic trolls in Sipovo.....now that was an incentive not to get injured!
  5. I fcuked a danish nurse once, he was ok actually and good at his job too.
  6. why did you have some kind of accident mid-sesh that required his professional skills?
  7. Well done Dolly. Carry on.