Danes Allegedly Victims of UK Friendly Fire

Given the nature of the fighting these things are tragically always likely to happen.

Deepest sympathy to the fallen, also sympathy to whoever fired the missile. Hell of a burden to carry.

RIP

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Absolutely shocked to read the news. My condolences to those who bear the loss.

Met a few Danes on my travels, a bloody good bunch of blokes. RIP lads!!!

Feck.

An absolute tradgedy.

I too have worked with the Danes. They are good operators, always ready to mix it,(as indeed are all the Scandinavian lads). The fact that they stand shoulder to shoulder with our boys in all the shoiteholes worldwide is testament to them all.

I know its becoming a cliche, But RIP lads.

It's been almost 20 years since I left the Danish Army, but am still in contact with a few mates who decided to make a career of it. They've all done tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and have had nothing but good things to say about the UK troops they've been working with. I belive the feeling is mutual. Taking the pish seems to be one trait we've got in common, albeit the Brit fixation with, ehh, things emanting from the lower orifice sometimes leaves us a tad baffled.

Anyway, I'm rather pleased to tell you guys that the Danish press has been pretty low-key about this incident; no mud-slinging or calls for senior bods in the UK armed forces to be held accountable. Shyte sadly happens, although it doesn't do anything to lessen the sorrow of having lost a family member or a brother in arms.

Keep up the good work lads, and don't even for one second think that a Danish trooper would hesitate to venture into the shyte with you guys.

Padow.anLearner said:
It's been almost 20 years since I left the Danish Army, but am still in contact with a few mates who decided to make a career of it. They've all done tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and have had nothing but good things to say about the UK troops they've been working with. I belive the feeling is mutual. Taking the pish seems to be one trait we've got in common, albeit the Brit fixation with, ehh, things emanting from the lower orifice sometimes leaves us a tad baffled.

Anyway, I'm rather pleased to tell you guys that the Danish press has been pretty low-key about this incident; no mud-slinging or calls for senior bods in the UK armed forces to be held accountable. Shyte sadly happens, although it doesn't do anything to lessen the sorrow of having lost a family member or a brother in arms.

Keep up the good work lads, and don't even for one second think that a Danish trooper would hesitate to venture into the shyte with you guys.

Thank you for your kind words. Served with some Danes on exersize years ago and the sentiments are the same. RIP lads.

Header edited by me. This incidient was orginally reported on between September 27-30th of this year.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUKL3065419020070930

Whilst our condolences rightly go to the fallen of allied nations , remember this incident is still under investigation.

Please do not make ill-judged remarks, which may be of use to elements of the media and those opposed to our presence there.

Thanks

PTP