Dan snow, BBC 2 doc on the Falklands

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dunc0936, Jul 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dan snow, BBC 2 doc on the Falklands
  2. Watched it.

The same old Falklands myths, spiced up with some fancy maps and Dan Snow's usual Walting.

Could the BBC please use blue for our troops and red for the enemy, I was bloody confused for a while there!

The History Channel is now showing an excellent documentary about the Islander's war if you fancy something different.
  3. Thanks BBR, thought it was just me ..........
  4. Confused the hell out of me too the first time...
  5. Hang on though, 'twas the BBC . ..............
  6. Very good point Bambi, that would explain the anomoly.
  7. Excellent, Bambi and I are in good company!

I know I am not the brightest but when the Argies attacked Goose Green with Harriers I was thinking of asking Max Hastings and Mark Adkin for my money back!
  8. I also liked the thick weegie accent of the Scots Guards Lt.
  9. Damn' well done all round, IMHO.

Young Snow is good; and dad is kool too- a pere-et-fils minor trioumph, in my humble view.

Hooray !!
    Now where is the Jameson??
  10. Agreed BBR
    like father - like son.

As professionals they would have to work hard to make it as amateurs
    ... but as you say - it was the BBC .................zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  11. They are a bit like 2 trainspotters. I was expecting a left-wing sob story about the Belgrano being taken out, but at least they put it into a military perspective, and showed the big picture, i.e. a pincer movement about to happen to the Task Force.
  12. I saw this a few weeks ago and it is very good. This is the sort of programme that should be one the beeb for teh 25th Anniversary. It's also a really good programme to quote/throw at one of the, "we shouldn't have fought, it's the malvinas, too far away, worthless piece of land" brigade.
  13. Let's see how the deal with the struggle for Iraq in a few years time. Hit-n-run, sniper and EFP attacks while the military of US and UK struggles to manage a zilllion militias: I fancy, somehow, that their hi-tech CGI folding wallpaper table will not be up to the task . . . . 8)