Dambusters remembered 65 years on

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Psypher, May 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Story from BBC NEWS:
    Published: 2008/05/16 04:46:28 GMT

Wasn't there supposed to be a new Dambusters movie released this year?
  2. They should do the fly past over the real dams..... :lol:
  3. http://www.cinematical.com/2006/08/31/peter-jackson-is-remaking-dam-busters-after-all/

they could get a blond lab and call him wigger.

i honestly hope he is re-making DB, look at the great job he did of re-vamping King Kong.
  4. The flypast will be shown live on BBC news 24 (or whatever it's called now) at roughly 1030hrs.
  5. Apparently Stephen Fry is writing the screenplay at the moment.
    Good news insomuch as it will have a properly British slant, as opposed to an American one.
    Can you imagine if they got thier mitts on it? The dams would have been breached by one bomb run each in B17s in daylight
  6. Ace remark on the Guardian site you linked to:

Two years on and no film. Hmmm....
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Back in the '90s the Junior Officers in a certain Regt were in the middle of planning a Mess Dinner on one of the dams (IIRC it was the Mohne) for the 16th, until the CO got wind of it! :oops:
  8. I was at the fly past and an excellent sight it was too.

I was joined on top of the hill where I was watching by a load of kids from the city who were also "well impressed wiv them old planes....what did they bomb then?" etc etc, and I did my best to inform them, which is more than the teachers did because I suspect they just didn't know.
  9. In less than five mins channel 5 - watch it..