• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Dambusters at the flicks, 4 september

TOMORROW, 4th SEPTEMBER there is a one-off chance to see the newly restored print of this classic 1954 film at Cinemas up and down the Country. This is part of the British Summer of Film festival. And the universal starting time seems to be 18.30hrs.

here doggy!

Dam! have they not kept the dog's name for the remake? political crapness! that was the little fella's name!!! :x

Should I let them know of my new house rule?

If the dog isn't called n***er, I won't watch it. If I am some how conned and only find out half way through the film that the said hound is not correctly named, I will walk out.

Simple enough.

28 May 1943

Victoria Cross

Acting Wg - Cdr G.P. Gibson, 617 Sqn

This officer served as a night bomber pilot at the beginning of the war and quickly established a reputation as an outstanding operational pilot. In addition to taking the fullest possible share in all normal operations, he made single-handed attacks during his 'rest' nights on such highly defended targets as the battleship ' Tirpitz' then completing in Wilelmshaven....

On conclusion of his third operational tour, Wing-Commander Gibson pressed strongly to be allowed to remain on operations and he was selected to command a squadron then forming for special tasks. Under his inspiring leadership, this squadron has now executed one of the most devastating attacks of the war - the breaching of the Mohne and Eder dams....

Wing Commander Gibson has completed 170 sorties, involving more than 600 hours' operational flying. Throughout his operational career, prolonged exceptionally at his own request, he has shown leadership, determination and valour of the highest order.

Air Ministry Bulletin 10401, RAF Museum File DC76/74/1324

8 July 1940

Distinguished Flying Cross

Fg Off. G. P. Gibson, 83 Sqn

10 Semptember 1941

Bar to the Distinguished Flying Cross

Acting Sqn Ldr G. P Gibson, 29 Sqn

17 November 1942

Distinguished Service Order

Acting Wg-Cdr G.P. Gibson, 106 Sqn

10 March 1943

Bar to Distinguished Service Order

Acting Wg-Cdr G.P. Gibson, 106 Sqn

28 May 1943

Victoria Cross

Acting Wg-Cdr G.P. Gibson, 617 Sqn

Im quite enjoying this British film season on at the mo.

Saw the Wicker Man last week and Goldfinger a few weeks ago, looked fantastic in digitally remastered form.

chocolate_frog said:
Should I let them know of my new house rule?

If the dog isn't called n***er, I won't watch it. If I am some how conned and only find out half way through the film that the said hound is not correctly named, I will walk out.

Simple enough.
Noisily protesting and demanding your money back I hope? PC nonsense...

Anyone know whether the film was digitally remastered in Britain?

I'd hate to think that there may be stars on the wings of the Lancs.

Just back (via the pub). Went with son, nephew and two friends one of whom is ex-RAF. Shamefully, it was the first time either my son or nephew had seen it but much enjoyed by both. The cinema could do with a good clean, though. My friend Robert got some dust in his eye.

It was only £2.50 to get in so we've sent £25 off to RAFA as a token of our appreciation. If anyone else is of a similar mind here's the link:

RAFA donations here