Dambusters at the flicks, 4 september

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Bravo_Bravo, Sep 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TOMORROW, 4th SEPTEMBER there is a one-off chance to see the newly restored print of this classic 1954 film at Cinemas up and down the Country. This is part of the British Summer of Film festival. And the universal starting time seems to be 18.30hrs.

here doggy!
  2. I wonder what the doggy will be called?
  3. I would hope that the dog will be called Nigger. I mean, that was its name , wasn't it?
  4. With a 'U' rating, that seems unlikely?
  5. 18:17 (617) should be more of an apt time 8)
  6. On my DVD the doggy is called Nigger. It's wiped on the TV Channels.

Apres Moi Le Deluge..
  7. Dam! have they not kept the dog's name for the remake? political crapness! that was the little fella's name!!! :x
  8. "Here dog of afro-carribean descent, good boy"
  9. Should I let them know of my new house rule?

If the dog isn't called Nigger, I won't watch it. If I am some how conned and only find out half way through the film that the said hound is not correctly named, I will walk out.

Simple enough.
  10. And the code word for a successful strike.?
  11. I gather the dog is named accurately.
  12. And I quote;

" Goner 'A' Apple".......

" It's Nigger - IT'S GONE "

13. 28 May 1943

Victoria Cross

Acting Wg - Cdr G.P. Gibson, 617 Sqn

This officer served as a night bomber pilot at the beginning of the war and quickly established a reputation as an outstanding operational pilot. In addition to taking the fullest possible share in all normal operations, he made single-handed attacks during his 'rest' nights on such highly defended targets as the battleship ' Tirpitz' then completing in Wilelmshaven....

On conclusion of his third operational tour, Wing-Commander Gibson pressed strongly to be allowed to remain on operations and he was selected to command a squadron then forming for special tasks. Under his inspiring leadership, this squadron has now executed one of the most devastating attacks of the war - the breaching of the Mohne and Eder dams....

Wing Commander Gibson has completed 170 sorties, involving more than 600 hours' operational flying. Throughout his operational career, prolonged exceptionally at his own request, he has shown leadership, determination and valour of the highest order.

Air Ministry Bulletin 10401, RAF Museum File DC76/74/1324

8 July 1940

Distinguished Flying Cross

Fg Off. G. P. Gibson, 83 Sqn

10 Semptember 1941

Bar to the Distinguished Flying Cross

Acting Sqn Ldr G. P Gibson, 29 Sqn

17 November 1942

Distinguished Service Order

Acting Wg-Cdr G.P. Gibson, 106 Sqn

10 March 1943

Bar to Distinguished Service Order

Acting Wg-Cdr G.P. Gibson, 106 Sqn

28 May 1943

Victoria Cross

Acting Wg-Cdr G.P. Gibson, 617 Sqn
  14. Just leave this thread as it is, I think it says it all.
  15. Im quite enjoying this British film season on at the mo.

Saw the Wicker Man last week and Goldfinger a few weeks ago, looked fantastic in digitally remastered form.