Damaien McBride: will he spill his guts on life as a SPAD for Gordon Brown?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Feb 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit early for popcorn but live now House of Commons Public Administration Committee

2. If anyone is interested.This is the chap responsible for these smears at the last election campaign.

SMEAR ONE said Mr Cameron suffers from an embarrassing medical condition.

SMEAR TWO claimed Shadow Chancellor George Osborne had sex and took drugs with a hooker — and that an ex-girlfriend has pictures of him in a bra, knickers and suspenders.

McBride also made cruel and false allegations about Mr Osborne’s wife Frances.

SMEAR THREE said Tory MP Nadine Dorries had a one-night stand with a fellow MP.

SMEAR FOUR claimed a secretly gay Tory MP used his position to get publicity for a firm run by his partner.
  3. I did enjoy his Wikipedia entry, particularly the last sentence that tells you all you need to know about the charmed lives led by some of these tosspots:

"Following his resignation from Downing Street McBride applied for the post of Business Liaison Officer at his former school....................... and started work there in July 2009."

You or I do something even remotely inappropriate, we can look forward to life in a box under a bridge with no benefits. If you're an alegedly gigantic brained special advisor, banker or politician, however, you just sit back and wait for the offers to come in. The mind boggles.
  4. One of the pluses to come out of this scenario if that it sending Polly Toynbee and the Guardianistas club into meltdown.
    Who could imagine that a PR guru could be so deceitful? Blair, Brown and his acolytes designed and created this monster. Nowt worse that a scorned guru it appears.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nice!! A lie creator....for liars, should be interesting reading........no wonder rjgbloke votes labour!!
  6. Says a lot about the man that he is willing to tell the world what an insidious liar he is.
    He can't even go down the "Only following orders" route.
    A nasty little man who, in normal society, would not be given the time of day.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

are any of them untrue then?
  8. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

To be honest, that's one the things that I enjoyed about reading 'Salmon fishing in the Yemen': it was written from the perspective of a spin doctor writing his memoirs who would throw out lines like 'He trusted me because he knew that, I unlike others, could be relied upon to remain silent' - and just not see the irony or duplicity of such a statement. Brilliantly conceived, from that perspective.

Life imitates art imitates life.