Dalits/Untouchables

Plenty of UK untouchables in the country anyway,,and some of them I wouldn't touch with a barge pole......

Last year, I read about a dallit couple who worked for a law firm in Coventry being discriminated against. Their photo showed two smartly dressed professional people and not a pair of low life scutters. You'd have thought their employers would have binned this outdated bollocks.

I know this is the NAAFI but....

Surprisingly, the indications are that caste (or Jat) discrimination is starting to be applied increasingly more in UK than in India (or incidentally, Nepal).

It's not unknown in Aldershot which is in the UK domicile of choice of the Gurungs (Rais and Limbus tend to head for Ashford and Reading)

This is an example from a recent study of Caste and Nepalis in UK;

The teenage daughter of a Gurkha from a Bishwakarma or Kami family in Farnborough has
Nepali friends from across castes. Although she has good relationships with them, a recent
experience hurt her deeply. One day she was invited to a birthday party in a friend’s house.
It was quite a big gathering. She was having fun until the father of the house, a Gurung,
approached her and warned her not to touch everything in the house as she was a low
caste. This experience, her first one of its kind in the UK, made her cry. She felt insulted and
ashamed in front of her friends. She left the party immediately and informed her parents
about the humiliating behaviour of the man. Of course, her parents were hurt; they had
always tried to ensure that their daughter did not suffer the pain they had endured in Nepal.
The Kamis are traditionally metal-workers and traditionally are the makers of Kukris(Khukris).

Surely this is a cultural issue and therefore off limits?

Some of them Untouchables I saw in Bombay and Madras where VERY touchable indeed, risky? yes, but very ,very touchable.

I should add, I was very, very drunk

I know this is the NAAFI but....

Surprisingly, the indications are that caste (or Jat) discrimination is starting to be applied increasingly more in UK than in India (or incidentally, Nepal).

It's not unknown in Aldershot which is in the UK domicile of choice of the Gurungs (Rais and Limbus tend to head for Ashford and Reading)

This is an example from a recent study of Caste and Nepalis in UK;

The Kamis are traditionally metal-workers and traditionally are the makers of Kukris(Khukris).
And yet you'll get the usual spastics saying how great they (and Sikhs) are and how their culture is great.

Exactly, and the non-swimmers are here for the money/benefits/etc, not the British way of life.
No swimmers are black not indian, you racist fucker.

A thread about caste on a British Army forum Is this a wah?
The Brits invented caste; they call it class. Have all the supercilious public school wuperts been exterminated?

A thread about caste on a British Army forum Is this a wah?
The Brits invented caste; they call it class. Have all the supercilious public school wuperts been exterminated?
I thought money overcame class?

I thought money overcame class?
It sure does, if you have enough of it to send your kids to a good public school. they'll become our sort of chap.
Then you'll see them looking down their noses at you.

It sure does, if you have enough of it to send your kids to a good public school. they'll become our sort of chap.
Then you'll see them looking down their noses at you.
Where as in India (and Nepal) being rich might not matter if you are in a lower caste.

Why do Brits move to Spain and then form little enclaves around cafes that sell egg'n'chips and John smiths bitter?
Not now we've got a fish n chip shop here that sells pukka pies. You can get them with mushy peas as well.
Oh, and we always had untouchables in the Signals but we called them Lineys.

Latest Threads