Daily Star: 'BRITS JOIN HARRY HUNT'. hundreds of BBM are going to AFG.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, Sep 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

According to the front page of today's Daily Star which I saw in the news agents:

and on and on ad nauseum.

I'm not sure if this is good news or not. Frankly if that's how they feel I'd rather they buggered off to Afghanistan and it's a bonus if they are offered themselves up for target practise. On the other hand I'd rather they grew up and integrated peacefully in the society they (or at least their ancestors) voluntarily choose to join.

Mind you it's in the Daily Star so it's probably bollox.
  2. Hearing regional accents on ICOM is nothing new.

There've always been ******* fighting on the other side in every war.
  3. I've said in the past in other threads that these people need to be caught and put away for seriously long periods of time for treason.

I'm very liberal in my political views but the line must be drawn where British citizens are traveling to sandy places to shoot at British soldiers whether they are a Prince or a common man.

It's entirely unacceptable and well past a point in time that this hasn't happened yet.
    • Like Like x 8
  4. Can we not just work out who is out of the borders at present?
  5. If they are that fanatical that they believe going on a Harry Hunt is going to do some kind of good then lets face it, what are the chances of them integrating into UK society? The UK is better off without them, and how many will there really be? since when did the insurgents tell the truth, and since when did the daily star do the same?
    Let them integrate with a hellfire or two, courtesy of Harry and chums
    • Like Like x 3
  6. So Captain Wales flys an Apache Attack Helicopter?
    Said helicopter a mobile gun platform?
    And the Muslim fanatics are queuing up to launch suicide missions against Prince Harry?
    Hope his aim is good!
    • Like Like x 3
  7. I don't care if they go, I just don't want them coming back.
    • Like Like x 16
  8. Read this...

Killing Prince Harry: Could the Taliban do it?
  9. Why don't they just join up instead?
  10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You mean so they can do a green on blue from inside our own army.

Begs the question of whether an islamo-loony could go through basic, life in barracks, PDT and get deployed without either giving himself away or being properly assimilated.
  11. Because that way the dont get their 70 virgins when they die!
  12. That'd be blue on blue, right? Dozens of fanatical sleepers within the military, biding their time. Hell, they wouldn't even need to wait for Harry, just shoot up the cookhouse. I better stop with their hypothetical situations, I'll get unwanted visitors!
  13. The only problem is that they don't realise that the 70 virgins will be like Susan Boyle pre makeover.
  14. I think you've answered your own question there. I seriously doubt if any more Brit muslims have joined the cause because Capt. Wales is in town. I'm not suggesting that British born nutters don't go, I'm just saying that they would have gone anyway.
    For the next few months every single attack, RTA,ND etc. etc. will be reported as a Terry attack on said Prince.

I nearly said every newspaper, but I don't consider the Star worthy of the name.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. I would prefer that these individuals meet a painful and sticky messy death in sandy places, rather than keeping them alive on our prisons serving a long sentence.
    Looking at the number of "reformed terrorists" who were released from Guantanamo, who meet their end while continuing their active service in Yemen, Somalia and indeed Afghanistan among other places, prison or incarceration doesn't seem to work.
    • Like Like x 2