Daily Mail (who else)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Stanchion, Nov 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quote from yesterday's Daily Mail's Poppy Outrage story.

I can easily understand less than 100% accuracy in regimental names, but could Royal Worcester be the original 'falling plates'?

Did they have a Doulton as sub-editor yesterday? Should he be fired?

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I think the Daily Mail have a bit of a sauce, printing that sort of story. I also wonder what would Sir Roderick Spode make of this?
  3. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

gotta love the Mail at times, always eager to use the mistakes of others as a club to beat them over the head with, buuuut when it comes to their own the become extra-ordinarily closed mouthed.

Remember the outrage article they printed regarding the BBC using an image Airacobras in a series of webpages about the Battle of Britain, the Mail's own article and picture captions included a multiple of ridiculous mistakes including the dates of the war as a whole and that the Hawker Hurricane was of the same family as the Supermarine Spitfire.
  4. he'd probably have a desire to wedge wood up the sub-editor's spout
  5. That was pretty bone, china.
  6. They've now changed it to;

Wouldn't risk getting it wrong again by correcting it to The Worcestershire Regiment, though!
  7. Wasn't Gordo Broon praising the Royal Anglicans about a year ago ?
  8. Now the papers have forgotten her and she's had her 5 mins of fame,
    here's a demo of Harriet's modelling talents;

Harriet in and out of uniform
  9. TV pet-rescue presenter last week referred to a 'Lance Colonel of Horse'. What ever happened to 'Researchers'?
  10. Hmmm think she might have a big future ahead.
  11. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Not the out of uniform I was hoping for :evil:
  12. But maybe not with Hollisters though,

I now think this was a put-up job- a shop has a strict uniform policy (which they are quite entitled to have) which doesn't allow brooches, watches, jewellery- It's not rocket science to twig there was likely to be an issue with a poppy and to force a confrontation.

Of course, it's regretable when a firm doesn't give permission to wear a poppy but it's far worse if an employee is demeaning the whole poppy ethos by using for their own agenda.