Daily Mail (who else)

Quote from yesterday's Daily Mail's Poppy Outrage story.

Mark of respect: Harriet's grandfather 'Jack' Sidney Phipps, who served in the Royal Worcester Regiment during the Second World War
I can easily understand less than 100% accuracy in regimental names, but could Royal Worcester be the original 'falling plates'?

Did they have a Doulton as sub-editor yesterday? Should he be fired?

:)

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Quote from yesterday's Daily Mail's Poppy Outrage story.

I can easily understand less than 100% accuracy in regimental names, but could Royal Worcester be the original 'falling plates'?

Did they have a Doulton as sub-editor yesterday? Should he be fired?

:)
I think the Daily Mail have a bit of a sauce, printing that sort of story. I also wonder what would Sir Roderick Spode make of this?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
gotta love the Mail at times, always eager to use the mistakes of others as a club to beat them over the head with, buuuut when it comes to their own the become extra-ordinarily closed mouthed.

Remember the outrage article they printed regarding the BBC using an image Airacobras in a series of webpages about the Battle of Britain, the Mail's own article and picture captions included a multiple of ridiculous mistakes including the dates of the war as a whole and that the Hawker Hurricane was of the same family as the Supermarine Spitfire.

That was pretty bone, china.

TV pet-rescue presenter last week referred to a 'Lance Colonel of Horse'. What ever happened to 'Researchers'?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Hmmm think she might have a big future ahead.
But maybe not with Hollisters though,

I now think this was a put-up job- a shop has a strict uniform policy (which they are quite entitled to have) which doesn't allow brooches, watches, jewellery- It's not rocket science to twig there was likely to be an issue with a poppy and to force a confrontation.

Of course, it's regretable when a firm doesn't give permission to wear a poppy but it's far worse if an employee is demeaning the whole poppy ethos by using for their own agenda.