Daily Mail......Navy Hero??

Discussion in 'Waltenkommando' started by dante242, Apr 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Yay, let's harass an old man and force him to justify himself to some internet crusaders. Yay!
    • Like Like x 10
  2. There is already a thread on this in the int cell, guess it would probably end up here either way.

Did you read the article? Seeing as its in a newspaper id say its worth a mention, especially the singapore to malay then somehow to vietnam bit.
  3. RezzaDue

RezzaDue Old-Salt Book Reviewer

4. Isn't he wearing a DSO rather than a DSM?
  5. Interesting to see the bullet.
    Full metal jackets don't deform at all when hitting flesh then?
  6. Yes, I have done. If we fired up the bus every time there we inconsistency and/or sensationaism in a military related story in the Daily Mail no one would ever find time to eat or sleep.
  7. I don't for a second believe that is the bullet. It probably ended up in a medical waste bin. Not such a good story without a few photos of it those is it? I have a cunning idea says jurno....
  8. I agree, but i have alot of respect for those who served in Malaysia or Borneo, but is there a need to go further? When people do go further its almost taking away from what others have done. Then again, that's assuming that he didnt actually take part in Vietnam and Cambodian ops. If he has done id like to hear more about it, sounds pretty interesting.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Of course I'd like to hear the war story. It is the tiresome walt hunting about which I was was registering my displeasure.
  10. article-2129335-12946553000005DC-229_468x286.jpg

Love the completely legit ID tags...
  11. More likely journalistic licence than tall tales from an old bloke
  12. FDW

FDW Old-Salt

I saw a local story and he was interviewed saying the same things the dailymail says.

My first thought upon seeing it was that the bullet was surprisingly pristine and didn't look to have rifling marks, but who knows it may not be the original one.

"this is a bullet just like the one removed" isn't half as good a talking point as "this is the very bullet dug out of me"
  13. No. The DSO is a cross shaped thing with blue and maroon ribbon.