Daily Mail Fires Up The Outrage Bus

oldbaldy

LE
No outrage from me, hes leaving a job that provides housing, then expects the local council to immediatly help him out. (then shows himself in uniform with his medals because that really makes a difference)

It is outrageous though that if the army kick you out (drugs for example) they have to help you find accomodation.

Sorry nothing to see there, move along.

There is a massive lack of social housing in this country. This is due to the fact that being able to buy your council house was introduced and no further, or very few, were build to replace stocks. There are thousands of local people in need of social housing so what makes an ex soldier/sailor/airman so special that he has to jump the queue?

What I find outrageous is the fact that he hasn’t learnt the art of contraception :D

A 21 year old girl with 3 ankle bitters the eldest of which is already 4 8O

CAARPS said:
What I find outrages is the fact that he hasn’t learnt the art of contraception :D

wwhat is so bad exactly about a man having a family which he has been unable to support for several years and has found himself in dificulty through an un just system?

christ it seems everyone that has over 1 child these days is seen as a baby spewing monstrosity in some peoples eyes. Why not go over to somewhere in asia for example and start saying the same things to them.

Jubbles said:
CAARPS said:
What I find outrages is the fact that he hasn’t learnt the art of contraception :D

wwhat is so bad exactly about a man having a family which he has been unable to support for several years and has found himself in dificulty through an un just system?

christ it seems everyone that has over 1 child these days is seen as a baby spewing monstrosity in some peoples eyes. Why not go over to somewhere in asia for example and start saying the same things to them.
You may just want to review your comment :D :D :D

CAARPS said:
Jubbles said:
CAARPS said:

wwhat is so bad exactly about a man having a family which he has been able to support for several years and has found himself in dificulty through an un just system?

You may just want to review your comment :D :D :D
:oops: :oops: :oops:

oh jesus...il get my jacket

ok asides from my typo you have to see what i mean,

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
verticalgyro said:
Anyway Stacker, I thought you would be thankful he is leaving the Colours. It's another loggie who would get promoted in front of you and make you even more upset, grumpy and bitter.
It's just a pity that the bloke's neither fat nor black; otherwise Stacker's head would have exploded.

verticalgyro said:
I'll bite this time, although I am aware that you constantly post inflammatory things in order to get replies.

So you're saying that he should be placed behind other people on a list for social housing because he wants to change employment? What about those who have never worked a day in their life? How is it right that they would be found social accommodation before this guy?
Why is it everytime a squaddie doesn't get treated like a God someone points to the fact that chav scum get something so the squaddie should as well? There are thousands of other civvies who are not criminals, single mothers, other daily mail bogeymen who need help, he could stay in the army and keep his house he has chosen not to.
It also says the council are prepared to help him find private accommodation, but dont let your outrage get in the way of that fact.

Sixty said:
verticalgyro said:
Anyway Stacker, I thought you would be thankful he is leaving the Colours. It's another loggie who would get promoted in front of you and make you even more upset, grumpy and bitter.
It's just a pity that the bloke's neither fat nor black; otherwise Stacker's head would have exploded.
May help if the missus says she's a born again lesbian, :lol:

Jubbles said:
:oops: :oops: :oops:

oh jesus...il get my jacket

ok asides from my typo you have to see what i mean,
I do but my original comment was just a bit tongue in cheek :D

The story is in the Mail therefore it is certainty that the whole story has not been told :roll:

stacker1 said:
verticalgyro said:
I'll bite this time, although I am aware that you constantly post inflammatory things in order to get replies.

So you're saying that he should be placed behind other people on a list for social housing because he wants to change employment? What about those who have never worked a day in their life? How is it right that they would be found social accommodation before this guy?
Why is it everytime a squaddie doesn't get treated like a God someone points to the fact that chav scum get something so the squaddie should as well? There are thousands of other civvies who are not criminals, single mothers, other daily mail bogeymen who need help, he could stay in the army and keep his house he has chosen not to.
It also says the council are prepared to help him find private accommodation, but dont let your outrage get in the way of that fact.
You are a cnut, aren't you. I'd just heard it as a rumour.

Where is anyone jumping up and down and asking him to go to the top of the queue? The POINT is that leaving the Army isn't making yourself intentionally homeless. This is a unique situation that the Armed Forces find themselves in. As it stands, he shouldn't be placed behind immigrants.

You tw@t.

To be honest though, if I was considering leaving, one of the first points to check on is - can I house my family- yes, move on, No? stay put.
OK it might not fit everyone, but who in their right mind makes a change of life that big unless they are secure in the knowledge that they can support their family?

And whats wrong with renting? yes its expensive, but its also reality.
We are spoiled a lot with our rent, but its one of the perks of the job I guess, but certainly something to be factored in when thinking of leaving

verticalgyro said:
You misunderstand me though. I do not expect soldiers or ex-soldiers to be treated like God, I do expect them to be treated like any other citizen. It has to be recognised that the unique job that a soldier does ensures he is not going to be living in the same council region in which he will usually retire to. This is what disadvantages them in a direct comparison to their civilian counterpart. Until this changes it is unfair, unless you consider that this is also covered by the X Factor in our pay packets. Which it isn't.
Do civilians who make themselves homeless automatically jump to the front of the queue?
When you sign off you give a years notice, which is plenty of time to look for accommodation or do you mean that squaddies should automatically qualify for cheap council housing rather than getting off their arse and sorting out their own problems brought on by choosing to leave a secure job? Should all soldiers not bother planning for the future because they all deserve council houses for being heroes?
There are alot of disadvantages to being a civvie compared to being in the military but we all make our own choices.