Daily Mail, do these cunts ever get anything correct?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by old_n_fat, Aug 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. " So it was a huge surprise for him to realise that the man wearing their regimental uniform at a military vehicles show was Bert himself, who had been rescued from the battlefield by paramedics."

The standards of journalism at the Wail, which to be honest, have never been of the highest, fall even further. Their incompetence is matched only by their incessant whining about goldplatedislamoterroristpensionbenefitscroungingcivilservents.

WWII veteran 'stunned' after bumping into comrade he thought had died in battle as they fought side-by-side 68 years ago | Mail Online
  2. They call themselves 'Daily' and yet they take a day off to let another paper take up the slack. What else do you expect?
  3. A_man_placing_an_envelope_into_a_mailbox_100322-192958-030009.jpg
  4. So what's your point? What was so blatantly incorrect that it distracted you from the actual story?

Sent via Tapatalk HD
  5. Do you think the fact that the Mail believes that a pair of paramedics turned up in green suits and a big yellow and green van with blue lights on it, is just ever so slightly incorrect?
  6. That's not actually what the term 'paramedic' means.

In my understanding, field medics are paramedics.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Who am I to argue with your understanding.
  8. Well, the rather nice Captain that turned to in the NHS paramedic wagon during my last medical palaver had just come back from doing a MERT stint in Afghanistan.
  9. Nice story. Maybe the journo was told that the wounded guy was tended by PARA medics and he wrote down what he'd been told.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. How about arguing with this:

par·a·med·ic (pr-mdk)
    A person who is trained to give emergency medical treatment or assist medical professionals.

The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
  11. Hmmm, lets see, D-Day 1944 your quoted text 2004. No room to argue there.

12. No he quoted text from a book copyrighted 2004. Biiiig difference. If you'd said quoted from septic shit, fairy muff!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. You didn't go to my link did you? Or if you did, you didn't understand it.
  14. Didnt your link just prove that the term originated from parachute medics?

In any case, is your gripe about the nice story just that the wail should have used some other phrase such as medical corpsman or whatever the phrase was in ww2.

Its seems a bit odd that from the whole piece you were riled by terminology. I thought you had spotted a fundamental flaw in the story.

Anyway, what a nice tale, put a smile on my face reading it so thanks.
  15. Oh and its tha NAAFI so fuck off to bed you boring fat old duffer! :pc:
    • Like Like x 2