Daily Mail article about MERTs in HERRICK

Really good article! Resus is hard enough in a quiet (relatively) resus room, how they do it under those circumstances is totally beyond me.

Fantastic article and I would say on a par with Michael Yon (incidentally he has a new dispatch on his website about C130s). The last 2 paragraphs of the Daily Mail article I found particularly moving.

bigbird67 said:
Really good article! Resus is hard enough in a quiet (relatively) resus room, how they do it under those circumstances is totally beyond me.
It's really not that bad you spend most of you shift watching telly and eating Tato crisps.

lofty_lofty said:
Fantastic article and I would say on a par with Michael Yon (incidentally he has a new dispatch on his website about C130s). The last 2 paragraphs of the Daily Mail article I found particularly moving.
Far better than Michael Yon; the photographer knows how to use a camera and the author can write.

mark1234 said:
bigbird67 said:
It's really not that bad you spend most of you shift watching telly and eating Tato crisps.
Thanks for your input there, Einstein. May I suggest that, in future, if you have nothing positive or of value to add, then you stay on pprune or whatever site you normally inhabit.............

chasndave said:
mark1234 said:
bigbird67 said:
Thanks for your input there, Einstein. May I suggest that, in future, if you have nothing positive or of value to add, then you stay on pprune or whatever site you normally inhabit.............
May I suggest you poke it, I worked IRT/MERT for six months, I spent most of my time eating crisps and w@nking. :D

mark1234 said:
chasndave said:
mark1234 said:
bigbird67 said:
May I suggest you poke it, I worked IRT/MERT for six months, I spent most of my time eating crisps and w@nking. :D
How appropriate.....................

chasndave said:
mark1234 said:
You wouldn't last five minutes doing it because you don't appear to have a sense of humour.
Yeah, that's right................
What do you want to hear? If you think I'm a wnaker for making light of it you should have heard some of the other members of the team.

Nickhere said:
lofty_lofty said:
Far better than Michael Yon; the photographer knows how to use a camera and the author can write.
Marco di Lauro is a quite well known Getty photographer; many of his images have been posted here and on other military sites, especially from his time with 2 & 3 Para in Afghanistan.

See here (I hope) for some of the photos from his time with them.

More recently he has been spending time the Americans in the Korengal Valley.

Fcuking gleaming out there, as were the American MERT.

same as in wwi battalion aid posts.
ww2 same.
korea,falklands.
I did it in ireland and gulf war.
and so on.
nice that its getting newprint,but methinks there were no blondie girlies in my team, and thats why we and all the others are unknown.
I dont mind-I have a first class CV and earn major wonga now as a medical consultant,so no regrets!
and yes it was lots of food and tv whilst waiting for the shouts!