Daily Mail Article 17/08/2007

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by DozyBint, Aug 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Continues here...

2. And look at the T1T first comment from a digger....

3. I've posted a reply to the so called doctor, we'll just wait and see if it can get past the mails internet nazis.

4. devilish, are they not Nazi's all the time then? Or just when they are behind a computer?

5. I'm sure they are nazis all the time, but they no doubt have a special SS branch that deal with internet rants like mine.

6. Having a fair idea of what you would have posted in reply, i doubt that it will even get to the desk of the SS Branch, feller.

7. msr

msr LE

4 Op Tours in 4 years? That's what I call hard core...

msr

8. Interesting comments from the ill-informed. The TA's remit was never to go,and fight in this type of conflict,rather to supplement the Regular Army in Europe,and Home postings.
    This in turn would allow the regular to be released from the mundane jobs like public duties,exercises,etc. to do the job he,was trained to do,which is fight!

Before you start giving me a hard time,go and find a copy of the Territorial Army covenant,read it,understand it,then think about when the TA started to be deployed,into these sort of areas,and blame the Liabour government,who have consistently undermined our Armed Forces,and continue to do so.

The doctor is a bit misguided but,has a valid point!

9. msr

msr LE

Do you have a link to this covenant of which you speak?

msr

10. Gosh you do know lots. :roll:

11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Oh good, another Cold War warrior!

12. Bollox, have a good read at the 'misguided' doctors comments and tell me he's either:
    a. Misguided
    b. Ill-educated
    c. Talking complete P!sh

Doctors comments:

"What has it come to when the British Army has to rely on 'conscripted' bankers to fight its battles of agression (as opposed to battles of defence such as WW2)."

He's a muppet, a brush that I'd probably tar you with too.

13. The Daily Mail is a total, complete and utter piece of sh!t.

14. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Certainly possible. My battalion has sent a formed unit every year on operations since 2002, i think.
    A platoon to Afghan in 2002/3
    Same to Iraq 2003/4
    Coy unit to Iraq 2005
    Plt to Afghan 2006
    Coy in training to go to Afghan this year.

One fella in my plt has done each of those except the first one.

Do the other TA inf bn's have a similar record? serious question, not an attempt at a dig etc...

15. What valid point is it that Good Doctor has made?
    The one that WW2 was a "defensive" battle? As im sure you could argue the toss over many conflicts as to which side is the agressor.