daftest article of cav dress

Flyingrockdj

War Hero
Come on give it up, those peach jumpers, shoes with denims, trousers tucked into socks.................spew forth the a**est dress regs in the army!

Have you seen those headwarmers Scots DG had on in Canada?  :-[

no its got to be the KRH regt trousers  (maroon)  :p

On an Armoured Formation Recce Commanders course at Warminster I had the pleasure of working with a fellow young officer who wore a shirt and tie below his 95's - priceless.

He did do it in humour and not raving made cav style.

The much loved,(by attached arms) KRH. Dark pink trousers, and Cow pat style beret. Exxxcelent. :eek:

:perhaps the trousers should match the beret.Then there would be sh-te at both ends!

I knew a Scots DG Officer who turned up to work one morning wearing cav boots you could see your face in, trousers with a crease you could shave with, combined with a white linen shirt that he'd obviously slept in. To top it all off, he had a baggy grey wolley pully which looked like it came from M&S, with the shoulder boards sewn on rather cackhandedly - and he wondered why we pissed ourselves laughing :D

Al

Best Dressed Cav Officer in a war zone goes to...... the then Lt Col Authur Denero - QRIH dressed in QRIH pouch cap (like a side cap but gayer!) SD shirt and tie under desert combats, shoulder holster and officers whip! When asked about the atts and dets he replied, they're good fellows, they rode with us at Balaclava! CLASS!!!

My favourite was when BCH replaced DMS boots in late ´83. I was exiled to LG at the time, who used to wear puttees with denims (´coz that´s what they did). Along came the BCH and of course the RCM (Ch***ie Sl**er) goes tilt. Day one, he´s down the tank park rifting people up for not wearing puttees. "But sir, you don´t need puttees with BCH"

"Says who?, Show behind the guard correctly dressed"

So for the rest of his tenure, LG wore puttees on top of their BCH, adding to their reputation as the best dressed drunks in Detmold.

Arthur is a good man!!

FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
Best Dressed Cav Officer in a war zone goes to...... the then Lt Col Authur Denero - QRIH dressed in QRIH pouch cap (like a side cap but gayer!) SD shirt and tie under desert combats, shoulder holster and officers whip! When asked about the atts and dets he replied, they're good fellows, they rode with us at Balaclava! CLASS!!!

I do also recall Arthur and another Cav officer turning up to Selection with their horses in a couple of horse boxes.I believe that Joining Instructions there,specifically exclude horses now!!Good one Cav.

FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:

Jorrocks said:
My favourite was when BCH replaced DMS boots in late ´83. I was exiled to LG at the time, who used to wear puttees with denims (´coz that´s what they did). Along came the BCH and of course the RCM (Ch***ie Sl**er) goes tilt. Day one, he´s down the tank park rifting people up for not wearing puttees. "But sir, you don´t need puttees with BCH"

"Says who?, Show behind the guard correctly dressed"

So for the rest of his tenure, LG wore puttees on top of their BCH, adding to their reputation as the best dressed drunks in Detmold.
Another reason I thank god nearly everyday that I became a Blue.