• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Daft/Unique sapper games

Insomnia rules these days so I've been looking back over old threads (yes I know I need to get out more), but noticed a mention of nurdles, which if I remember correctly, involved 2x shovels, 2x hammers and 2x tins of cheese possessed ('cause it's all we would waste), slammed onto the top of the shovel handles, and if memory serves, this was only played on the hard at Soltau, whilst waiting for Wolfgang to come off the area with his bratties, pommis, und Gelb handbag mit die Elvis music. :hungry:
This then led to thinking that after nurdles and death by euchre, we played conkers with PE4 and det cord, or 808 (with gloves on of course), to scare the shit out of the grunts, mainly because they thought plastic explosive was nitroglycerine. Never seen so many people go hatch down so quick in my life. Laugh, I nearly got the handbags in.

So what other, if plentiful, and I'm sure there is, daft games have we amused ourselves with, when time was plentiful, alcohol the catalyst and sappers the willing participants?

titch-bod said:
Insomnia rules these days so I've been looking back over old threads (yes I know I need to get out more), but noticed a mention of nurdles, which if I remember correctly, involved 2x shovels, 2x hammers and 2x tins of cheese possessed ('cause it's all we would waste), slammed onto the top of the shovel handles, and if memory serves, this was only played on the hard at Soltau, whilst waiting for Wolfgang to come off the area with his bratties, pommis, und Gelb handbag mit die Elvis music. :hungry:
This then led to thinking that after nurdles and death by euchre, we played conkers with PE4 and det cord, or 808 (with gloves on of course), to scare the s*** out of the grunts, mainly because they thought plastic explosive was nitroglycerine. Never seen so many people go hatch down so quick in my life. Laugh, I nearly got the handbags in.
lol evil person. but i like the bridging game the most seen many of people get the shi t kicked out of them playing that 1

arse darts- darts, but with a bare arse with dartboard drawn on in lieu of the more traditional dartboard.

feckin hurts if they get a bullseye!!!

:D climbing the launch frame on the AVLB for us tankies was quite popular :strong: not that i managed it...grrr :censored: arms not long enough!!

Nurdles....... 8)
1point.shaft to shaft
2points.head to shaft
3points.shaft to can
4points.head to can
5points. a nurdle...e.g head of hammer twats hell out of can death from above style :clap:

Nails! Great game. Nothing like letting p155ed up sappers run around with a hatchet. You could cheat like fcuk as well by inserting steel plate into one side so you would always win.

Swamping games, kick in the back, little boy wee-wees, naked bar, pass the punch, spoof, bowl of justice.

Bloody engineers, turned me into a horrible horrible man on the urine.

Shame on you all.

threaders-vm said:
Bloody engineers, turned me into a horrible horrible man on the urine.
Ditto!

Has anyone ever played the one where you need to piss yourself, and create the smallest spot of wee, and whoever has the largest one has to buy the next round.

freckles....
(bread or bucket..)
buzz, fizz buzz
euchre
shock with red, charley and tennents as currency
cheese and wine evenings( you know what I mean don't you)

creepy said:
freckles....
(bread or bucket..)
buzz, fizz buzz
euchre
shock with red, charley and tennents as currency
cheese and wine evenings( you know what I mean don't you)
Creepy, I thought you were about to mention 'Soggy Biscuit' just then! 8O

105AVRE said:
:D climbing the launch frame on the AVLB for us tankies was quite popular :strong: not that i managed it...grrr :censored: arms not long enough!!

Nurdles....... 8)
1point.shaft to shaft
2points.head to shaft
3points.shaft to can
4points.head to can
5points. a nurdle...e.g head of hammer **** hell out of can death from above style :clap:
Insert trembler for 1 point and adjust as necessary

jab471 said:
105AVRE said:

Nurdles....... 8)(ammended) 8)
1point. trembler/tremor
2points. shaft to shaft
3points. head to shaft
4points. shaft to can
5points. head to can
6points. a nurdle...e.g head of hammer **** hell out of can death from above style :clap:
Insert trembler for 1 point and adjust as necessary
shit....i was thinking about trembler/tremor yesterday too....oh well,cheers :wink:

gundulph, I believe the credit for mentioning soggy biscuit can rest fair and square with your good self!
however, what about firing tins of cheese possessed out of monkeys with thunder flashes?? and the sport of blasting your eyebrows off lighting the dustbin burner?/whhhhooooooooooosshhhhhh

creepy said:
gundulph, I believe the credit for mentioning soggy biscuit can rest fair and square with your good self!
however, what about firing tins of cheese possessed out of monkeys with thunder flashes?? and the sport of blasting your eyebrows off lighting the dustbin burner?/whhhhooooooooooosshhhhhh
Ha HAAAAAA!!!!!!

The American Dustbin burner Sprog Sport of lighting the burner after being saturated in fuel... remember it very well both as a 'victim' and later 'instigator' :wink:

P.S. Never 'actually' attempted the soggy biscuit I always thought it was strictly an Armoured Farmer game? 8)

little boy wee wee's as mentioned by threaders...

bar rodeo... pick a victim at random and simply jump on the fucker and see how long you can hang on, whilst all your mates sing country and western songs

a variation of pin the tail on the donkey called pin the foreskin to the squadron bar..

saw a full troop of grown men playing off ground "it" in brize norton departures,

who can shout "bang" the loudest as your oppo is connecting a ring main/det setting a trip flare... in fact anything with the real potential to go bang... 17 years later i still do this to sparkies on building sites all the time and it still makes me squirt widdle in my pants laughing..

shovel hop relays, bouncing on a shovel RE like a pogo stick.. (only works on hard surfaces) :)

All in all i just remember some of the biggest wretches i've ever met in my life getting away with things so outrageous, you had to keep watching to ensure you werent hallucinating..

climbing out of a sixth floor sqn bar window in Dog squadron, round the roof and back in pished...
The hilarious game of " let's bridge the Weser while all the Fairey engineering toffs are watching" (only to see it all float away downriver...)
creeping around other REBROs at dead of night and making wwooooowwwoooooing scary noises while rustling the canvass
climbing in over the back fence at nienburg with the new anti climb paint all over it...
the list goes on..!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ugly Military Clothing & Boots 0
daz Tanks, planes & ships 306
Y US 4