Daft stuff for a box for blokes on Ops

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tax_Tw-t, Jul 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently putting together a few boxes to send out to Afghanistan. These aren't to anyone in particular (although if there's anyone out there reading this who'd like one sent to them, PM me).

Thing is, there's loads of threads asking what to send and most replies are about sending Haribo, sports drink powders, brew stuff etc, but I remember reading someone apologising for their kid insisting on sending a sonic screwdriver toy. This was then countered by another ARRSEr saying that it was a fcuking great idea and they would've loved it.

Basically, I'm looking for really daft sh!t to send out that will still be welcomed (so nothing funny-but-useless).

Not too expensive either.

Front runner:

Fecking hayoooge water balloon slingshot
    I know they're in the middle of a desert, but what's the chances of any squaddie ever using one of these for water balloons filled with water anyway? :twisted:

LED message fan thingy
    Swearing Parrot
    Bullsh!t detector
    Weird shock-ball thing
    Darth Vader voice/breathing thing

Really BAD idea:
    Gloves, Heated, Pink
    Funny, from an evil point of view, but a bit of a waste.

Any ideas? :D

Obviously they've got to be small & reasonably light to be postable.
    And legal to post as well!
  2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

We took a mini version of that slingshot to Leeds festival a few years back. It was the one that hooks on your feet as you lie back. You could still get a good few hundred yards clearance with it, and was a LOT of fun.

A mate of mine recently discovered a miniature poker set, with little chips. It all folded away into a wallet about 2x4x5" but had enough chips (and a deck of cards) for a decent six-handed game of Hold'em.
  3. Excellent ideas, what a top man you are.

Best idea, that sling shot and some form of balloon that Phalanx will lock onto and blast out of the sky =D
  4. What about the girls?
  5. Won't they have enough to play with? :wink:
  6. 95% of the femmes I know would love the stuff on TT's list, I know I would :oops:

Tame perhaps, but I always include balloons - the malleable ones for twisting into an effigy of the OC or Taj Mahal...
  7. its not a good idea to send them in boxes without air holes apparently, at least so the prosecution tell me.
  8. Electric fly swatters. Just catch some poor bugger on the elbow with it!
  9. I've just noticed some warnings on the slingshot that made me laugh:

10. How about one of these;

Attached Files:

11. How about a tax rebate?
  12. the executioner fly swap, morale booster in the form of an electric shock tennis racket

13. Nice :)