Daft question about Army number.

Just curious, I'm guessing your Army number you had in the regs will be used if you joined the TA?

yes it ias the same number the ta will aply to your unit to have your docs sent over
to confirm you were not DD ot MD from the rgulars
STP

clownbasher said:
Yes, and vice-versa, unless there is a change in comissioned status
Does this go for females as well as males? I've switched from TA to regular. My new unit has already changed my number on the paperwork even though I've had it for four years.

They've changed the end digit to the number of a girl who joined when I did. However, I don't know if she's left at all and my new unit don't seem bothered. I don't want an admin fcuk up and does anyone know why they would want to change it anyway?

Any info gratefully received!

cheers :)

JEM

edited for spelling!

Nope they are wrong in doing it your No stays with you until you get a comission I've still got my No from when I joined the regs in 91 it could casue an admin fcuk up all becasue you have lazy admin staff

Hi A-JEM,

A female friend of mine joined the regulars after serving with the TA for about 6 years. She retained her old number, which started W09xxxx. By the time she transferred, her number was lower than a lot of the female instructors, who had reached W10xxxx :D

So, yes, you do retain your number.

Best Regards,

b_flat

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
clownbasher said:
Humphrey_De_Tiluel said:
AbsoluteJEM said:
clownbasher said:
Yes, and vice-versa, unless there is a change in comissioned status
Does this go for females as well as males? ...

JEM

edited for spelling!

anybody else think this was going to be a whole different question 8O 8O 8O
:D aye...so what doeshappen when Cpl Mark becomes Cpl Maureen?
He gets his willy chopped off.... :lol:

Officer cadets initially get a soldier's 8 digit Number - only on commissioning do they receive their new 6 digit Number as it is at about the same time when the frontal labotomy takes place!! - plays havoc with the memory - 6 digits easier to remember than 8!

What happens when the 1 millionth Rupert gets his pips ?.............its hard enough for them to remember its all the fingers on one hand and one finger off the other.......now, when they get 7 numbers, they'll have to remember its 2 fingers on the other hand.........its no wonder they have to go to private schools.........whooooooooosh !

I was thinking about this before I went over to the TA office and signed up!

I joined the reg's way back in 1998, got an 8 digit number and dropped out before training at ATR Pirbright had finished, broken in and flew the nest!
Anyway, when I went along to my TA office they asked me to fill out some paperwork (normal stuff!), Told me to plaster my army number over every page..
It was at that time I was thinking am I going to have to get used to a newer number! Well I guess not.. & really hope not as it's the only number I can really remember!

2508xxxx! was drilled into my head almost everyday! you'll never forget it, and even thinking about getting a new one could really blow my mind!

Hehh
Well anyway older & wiser now, hell it's in my name..So I have to live up to something :)