Daft Camo Patterns II - The Return. US Navy Camouflage

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Travelgall, Jul 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chatting about the useless UCP on another thread, I naturally mentioned the pointless USAF Tigerstripe, a camouflage that was clearly thought up after one two many post prandial sherries by some USAF General with way too much time on his hands. JumpingJarhead trumped it with the US Navy Camouflage which only exists to make Search and Rescue that much harder when Seaman Stains falls off his Aircraft Carrier. He can get round this of course by wearing a luminous yellow set of arm bands, this does however make it rather pointless wearing the Camouflage in the first place. Can anybody else come up with some catastrophically bad Camouflage designs.
  2. Oh and to kick this post off, I give you this piece of art from the Chinese Army.

3. [​IMG]

The US Navy Camouflage
  4. I'm pretty sure this is the 2nd pattern - the first one was a lot more 'wave' like. I'm still looking for a large size pair of keks in it to make some shorts.
  5. I'm presuming this is Chinese Paras ? What with all the clouds and all ......... Great whilst streaming through the skies but less good in the grass ! :) I wonder what camo their parachutes are ?

6. Adding insult to injury, note the gold lettered name and service tapes.
  7. I've been trying to find that ridiculous Syrian Cam. Urban in Pink and grey. Can't find a photo but that's a good one too.
  8. Might look daft but performed very well in tests apparently.

Syrian Camo? « Soldier Systems

9. The US ACU stuff works very well on that kind of ground.
  10. [​IMG]

Here's another silly one courtesy of Malaysia
  11. I think we've just been black catted in the dayglo junglies department...
  12. We the Aussies appear to mastered camo on their vehicles!

Attached Files:

13. Excellent.
  14. Since when did Halle Berry join the U.S Navy?
  15. [​IMG]

Swiss camo...... Is it a smock, webbing or both?

Maybe they should stick to cuckoo clocks and chocolate