Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Dacia (Romania) . . . look to do well . . .

Whilst pontificating on another thread . . .

http://www.arrse.co.uk/shooting-hun...s-yer-kit-real-those-england-imagined-37.html

. . I realised that it would be more appropriate - and, maybe of interest to someone - for the following to be posted/copied here . .

Dacia (Romania) . . . look to do very well. Now owned by Renault, they are using previous generation Renault mechanical sub-assemblies to compete with (other) "economy" brands :)

Dacia UK
Duster - Design

To my knowledge, Skoda and Dacia are the only COMECON/Warsaw Pact former "Eastern Europe" - NOW "Central Europe" (EU) - automotive manufacturers, that have survived/deserved to survive, "the transition".

However, further east of the “New Frontier” . . .

AUTOCAR magazine . . . said:
. . . AUTOCAR magazine does mention this week (today, 09 MAY 2012, “footnote” page 15), that . . .

“Renault-Nissan is to acquire a majority stake in Avtovaz, the Russian firm that makes Ladas. Renault-Nissan will invest almost £500 million in it. Core Lada models will be updated and new cars from all three brands will be launched in Russia”.

Don’t get me going on the years 1990 -to- 1996, that I spent visiting Russian/Ukrine/Belorus Ministries and automotive manufacturers; Polish and Volvo Headquarters/facilities; trying to attract foreign/western investment into the Russian/Ukrine/Belorus automotive industries . . . =-\\\\

Attachments

• DACIA duster.jpg
    DACIA duster.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 130