D-Day Manhattan: The Invasion of America

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Andy_S, Apr 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Gents:

Given the fact that we, as a nation, owe 167,000,000,000 quid, why is nobody talking about the obvious solution?

Think about it. War is a continuation of politics by other means, and politics in this election has to be about our dire economic straits. So here is the elephant in the room: The world's largest, richest economy lies ripe for the plucking.

Moreover, the natives speak English. (Of a sort)

Moreover #2: The US Military is overstretched, on active duty in Afghan and Iraq, as well as garrissoning Germany, Okinawa and S Korea. Surely, if we teamed up with, say the Canadians and Mexicans (the Russians might join up just for the devilment of it) the 50 States would fall like a line of dominoes?

By the time the US military regroups and sails back to US shores, we will have done all the needed pillaging, and be well away, loaded down with loot. Or will have formed a new government in DC and could order them to disband before any unpleasantess occurs. From then on, it's jaw-jaw, not war-war, as we work on rebuilding the "Special Relationship." We could even sell the film rights: "Red, White and Blue Dawn."

I can't understand why this plan is not part of the electoral debate. Surely, the next government must be planning something similar?

To all Americans on Forum:

Some of my best chums are Americans, but needs must. Sorry.

BTW, given that EVERY SINGLE ONE of said chums whines endlessly about the IRS - and given that the original Revolution was largely about tax - is now not an appropriate time for another overthrow of authority? After all, Brits whine endlessly about Gordon Brown, but at least we do can something about it (ie he is about to be elected into infinity).

Ally with us, bring along your local militia, and I am sure we will see you right in the United Kingdom of America. As a sign of good will, we would even change the national anthem to "God Bless the Queen"

2. Invade the US? How would that help?

At first glance it may appear that some of our National Debt is owed to the Yanks, but they'll have sold on the IOUs to the Japanese by now to cover their own debts. The Yanks will just be acting as bailiffs.

Far easier would be to invade South Africa, taking over control of the gold and diamond mines. It's between our unsinkable aircraft carriers of Mount Pleasant and Diego Garcia, giving us a further advantage.

After that, we could go on to acquire the curry mines in India and the noodle plantations in China...

...it'd be just like old times.

3. PIMH - you are quite right about the nefarious IOU dealing that the US brokers conduct. However to successfully invade Japan we will need the Americans - especially their USMC and Pacific fleet. So we treat this as a multi-phase plan, a)conquer the USA b) take out Tojo Mk II. We then need to decide whether we give china the good news or address graduate unemployment in the UK by conquering India and recruiting a new improved Indian Civil Service! Baggsy me Governor of Lahore!

4. [quote="Andy_

Ally with us, bring along your local militia, and I am sure we will see you right in the United Kingdom of America. As a sign of good will, we would even change the national anthem to "God Bless the Queen"[/quote]

God BLESS the Queen????? Whose national anthem is that!!!!!!

5. God BLESS the Queen????? Whose national anthem is that!!!!!![/quote]

I think he means the 'Star Spangled Queen' (Hang on.......... isn't that Elton John?)

It's good job we Brits spend so long in Spain - at least we'll have an idea of what the majority of the Spams are saying when we get there.

"Somos Británicos, nosotros venimos en paz. Levante por favor sus manos o le tiraremos."

6. We did invade Manhatten, and look where it got us

7. [quote="Andy_

Ally with us, bring along your local militia, and I am sure we will see you right in the United Kingdom of America. As a sign of good will, we would even change the national anthem to "God Bless the Queen"[/quote]

God BLESS the Queen????? Whose national anthem is that!!!!!!

8. Another downside of invading America is that we'd have to retrain their government, police and Army to bring them to an acceptable standard to achieve self-governance. It really isn't worth the effort.

9. God BLESS the Queen????? Whose national anthem is that!!!!!![/quote]

I think your computer's stuck. Try tapping it.

10. Just hang them all and start again.

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think we had better start with our own government :x

Edit to point out the obvious: We owe everyone and their dog a total of £167 billion (at least that is what they are owning up to). Surely that makes us a third world country, unable to pay it's debts so we should just tell all those that owe cash to to Foxtrot Oscar and can we please have some more money.

Job jobbed. 8)

12. Rather than invade the USA, why don't we all just up sticks and move the entire country to Canada or Australia, or both?
    Both countries are massive and under populated, both speak the same lingo, and no need to change the Head of State. People can choose which country they want to relocate to, it's a win win situation.

It would be just like a company shutting it's too small original office and re-locating to it's plush new bigger premises', with the staff also re-locating.

Edit to add: We could then sell the real estate that is this island to pay off some debts. Although I don't think cash convertors could cover the purchase of this place.

13. How the F**k are we going to get Challys up Broadway, they had enough problems in 1776

14. You are probably right about starting with our own.
    The USA is what we would have got if we'd kicked our government into touch a couple of centuries ago. It does raise the question whether the Americans are better off after their revolution against the Crown all those years ago.

15. The 1938 US Military main exercise was designed to resist an Invasion by the only Power though capable of carring out a practical invasion.
    No not Japan but Britain.
    A Pincer movement, a Thrust down the east coast from Canada and a simultaneous hook up from the Caribbean.
    Mentality from 1814 the last serious invasion.

167,000,000,000 quid in debt and arrse thinks we should be warmongering.
    john
    I do worry, maybe it's someones way of saying Tone Dear Leader cum back and go for your Half Dozen Peoples Wars.