D-Day Beach Maps

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by wedge_cadman, Oct 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

While browsing the other day I came across these maps that were auctioned on this site last year.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/charity-auctions/122352-[2009-rbl-lot-35]-full-set-d-day-invasion-maps.html

Could anyone point my in the direction of where i can buy these types of map from. I have looked on the alan godfrey site and they appear to be folded maps. I would like unfolded that can be framed for presentation and hung on the wall.
    I saw a full framed set whilst cutting around the accomodation block but never had the time to admire them (or have my leatherman handy) as the sign next to them said "Out of bounds to all Male personell".
    Anyway i've been asked the age old question of what would you like for christmas? So the next time mrs W_C asks i hope to have an answer.

Many thanks
    W_C

2. Wedge, call 0208 818 2271 and ask for Helen.

3. wedge_cadman

will i get maps or £1.50/min sex chat line ;)

Both are acceptable ;)

cheers for the info

4. That's a DGC phone number (was DGIA, now ICG IIRC) you can get the maps from them at a very reasonable price. I used to work there, hence I auctioned them.

5. I may have a set at home still ,will take a look.

6. wedge_cadman

that would be great if you have, a suitable recompense would follow suit obviously

7. I'm in the process of moving house, so getting rid would do me a favour. A small donation to Hols 4 heroes would be nice, but entirely up to you. I'll look tonight and get back to you.

8. Wedge, sorry, that was a bit 'toilet door'!

You can order a rolled (not folded) set of the BIGOT maps (£5 per set) and commemorative Somme maps (£5 per set) plus £6 p&p from:
    Commemorative Mapping, MOD Map and Air Chart Depot, Defence Geographic Centre, Elmwood Avenue, Feltham, Middx, TW13 7AH.

Cheque payable to MOD Accounting Officer. Include your phone number, postal and email address.

I neglected to ask about getting my plums drained though. Suspect that's extra.

9. A while ago reproductions were being sold at teh Imperial War Museum shop. Try there?