CZP question

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by copper_knobblet, Nov 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At 25m when zeroing the SA80 where should the CZP be in relation to the POA?

With ironsights

2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Dunno, only ever done optical. Have you considered asking your local training staff? Just a thought.

3. People I have asked don't know. Or rather one of them does know probably, but the rest don't - I just don't know which one is right.

4. 25M
    Rifle CZP Susat 22mm below
    Iron 25mm below

LSW CZP Susat 20mm below
    Iron 25mm below

100M
    Rifle CZP Susat 90mm above
    Iron 100mm above

LSW CZP Susat 80mm above
    Iron 100mm above

Sight setting is always 200m Ironsights
    300m SUSAT

Any questions PM me.

5. Brilliant thanks very much indeed.

6. I aim to please...

...no? OK I'll get my coat...

7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Nice one, Jack. Now, can you [or anyone] hit anything [apart from the same country] with iron sights?

8. Interesting question Blue, how much difference is there in the average soldier's performance on the range if he's using the susat contra iron sights?

9. From experience I'd say not an awful lot, give an Infanteer an Iron site and put him against a Corps Soldier and shoot Live Fire 4 the group sizes will be about the same. Repeat the practice with SUSAT and group sizes will still remain roughly the same, although a few Mil smaller.

10. Mine went from absolutely pitiful to a <30mm grouping with ten rounds from 100m just by adding a small telescope to the top of my rifle.

I have no idea why having a SUSAT would make my grouping better, but it did, never been that good again before or since.

11. I know a few guys who actually shoot better with an iron sight.

12. groan........ ! :D

13. Would their names be Cletus and Billy-Bob by any chance?

14. I tend to be a better shot with an iron sight, mainly because a SUSAT makes me a little bit lazy and I don't maintain my position as well.

Then again, I am a slovenly git.

15. When you say better shot, what do you mean, I can hit the 300mm fig 11 with iron sights every time*, surely thats good enough?

*Unless its Hythe in the bloody sideways rain