Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by J_D, May 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. J_D

J_D LE

I am moving to Nicosia, Cyprus on 20th June for what it looks like long term.

Is there any one here that is based out that way or lives there? Just for information purposes on my half.

Any help I will be most grateful of!

2. Dead sunny mate, rather hot as well as a result of it being dead sunny.
  3. J_D

J_D LE

wait for the heat waves in Aug too lol I hear the winters are cold! Can't wait.
  4. Was there in November last year and it was quite varied..think it was the start of the winter there. There were periods of really sunny, really hot weather and then, at the click of a finger, it'd change to horrible downpours and horific winds.

Enjoy your time there Anya!
  5. Check ARRSEPedia :wink:
  6. Nicosia is ok very hot in the summer, hotter than the coastal towns. Cool in the winter but not cold compared to UK only 6 weeks of the winter is not T-shirt weather. The driving out there is mad. When out there I had a UNFICYP L200 but would not buy a decent car of my own, it really is manic and takes a bit of getting used to. I t is not a particularly big city but it has all the normal stuff you would expect from a city of a similar size to Leeds. Eating out is relatively cheap; the general cost of living is much cheaper than the UK. Last time I was out there was 2000 and DERV was 14p per litre!! Skiing on Trudos in the winter and you are 30-40 mins from Limisol and Larnica. Nicosia is split down the middle by a Byzantine curtain wall and is very picturesque in parts.

If you want to go to the north you will have to fly out of Cyprus land in another country get on another plane and fly in to the other side.

There are still 30,000 Turkish soldiers based in the Turkish republic of Northern Cyprus who are professional and train hard.

Form Nicosia you will see in the distance a Turkish flag on a mountain and some writing, the writing says next time we will not stop until we have you on the beach.

7. I thought you had a great new job with the recording/entertainment industry Anya?

Are you talent scouting in Cyprus?
  8. J_D

J_D LE

That went Pete Tong. Cut Long Story short, they were making cut backs and 17 of us were taken out. But got an op. to work for an I.T. company in Nicosia. Hell if its in a decent country thats not UK I am going.

Cheers every one for the help!
  9. Good luck with it Anya.

or, you could always join the Army :lol:
  10. J_D

J_D LE

Bugger off, I am use to the queer boys of the Navy. Army would just muck me up for life!

And Thankyou RC!
  11. it is great for sunbathing , try a meze .

if you have free time go to protras , it is lovely
  12. Today in Nicosia it's 25 degrees, cloudy and muggy as hell, I just wish it would get on and have a big thunder storm so we can get back to the sunny mid 30 degree sun bathin weather. should be pushin the mercury to the early to mid 40's by the time you get here anya get some acclimatization and a base tan in sunny Enland before you get here....good luck
  13. J_D

J_D LE

I think I got enough sun yesterday lol It was only 29 degree's but hell I gone red! See you out there brain lol
  14. Make sure you get yourself to the Akritiri go kart track! Bloody great it is!!