Cyprus Property Prices

Just a thought but with Erdogan and his forces now in Syria and Kurdistan, and an expeditionary force en route to Libya, is Cyprus any different to any other ambitions he may have?

RRV8

GCM
Just a thought but with Erdogan and his forces now in Syria and Kurdistan, and an expeditionary force en route to Libya, is Cyprus any different to any other ambitions he may have?
Exactly that sir, my thoughts too. If you then add the content of @muzzleflash post above to your own tip-top info then it begins to look like a fairly crappy outlook for Cyprus as a whole.

I read one article today (from the Cyrpus Mail) which suggested that if Greece was ever to activate a military component to help support its ongoing gas deal then Turkey would potentially react very aggressively while 'consuming' Cyrpus at the same time.

Not good eh!

RRV8

GCM
There was an interesting interview on GMTV with Piers this morning whereby the lawyer representing the 19-year old British girl in the ongoing rape case took the opportunity to speak out about the dodgy house situation in Cyprus.

His interview was primarily focused on the rape case and the flawed legal process in Cyprus but then he went on to mention the shoddy legal system for housing too and how some Brits had contacted him this week to say how crap the legal process was in Cyprus.

I‘d happily live in Japan.

The boat idea is certainly appealing. I saw an old but perfectly useable catamaran on eBay a few years back, with a permanent mooring on a buoy (I.e. not in a marina) in one of the quieter bits of Ibiza.

It went for 12 grand.

Food for thought.
It's crossed my mind too. Here's a little retirement place I wouldn't sniff at in Antigua with a jetty & boat lift

1578385385598.png

Exactly that sir, my thoughts too. If you then add the content of @muzzleflash post above to your own tip-top info then it begins to look like a fairly crappy outlook for Cyprus as a whole.

I read one article today (from the Cyrpus Mail) which suggested that if Greece was ever to activate a military component to help support its ongoing gas deal then Turkey would potentially react very aggressively while 'consuming' Cyrpus at the same time.

Not good eh!
From most of the comments I've read on here I believe posters are in general from a more mature background* and so should remember that Cyprus has had the threat of Turkey driving deeper into the island than it already has for many a year, nothing new there even if the current gas drilling has provoked things somewhat and that Turkey is more aggressive of late than it has been for a long time.

*By more mature background read old fart, like me :)

Yeah looks nice but do a google about retiring there then compare that to retiring in Cyprus.
I like the concept of retiring to the Caribbean, but the reality is another thing

RRV8

GCM
This is a sad state of affairs. The Brit guy bought a house for cash in 2005 and then the developer sold it again to another Brit family who was willing to pay more; the developer kept the initial monies paid though. Shocking!

I still keep an eye on my favourite properties (approx 100 of them for info sake) and nowt is selling.

The Roma are in town, and the locals are struggling with the concept of not leaving stuff out and locking doors. I have a feeling that the collective response will not be PC.

Latest Threads