Cyprus (in general)

Excellent

It's hot, it has beaches, beer, blondes , especially from April onwards.

It's everything a growing boy needs...

Anything else?  ;D

J

jake

Have only ever been there as a holiday-maker, it was bizzare to encounter the green line - presumably with Turkey as a 'wannabe' EU member then a resolution of the Cyprus question is a given  ?

I agree with Eagle.  Once the novelty of the beaches and the sunshine have worn off,  the place just reminds me of a building site.  8)

put it this way its bloody freezin @ the moment!! It may only be 6 degrees celcius (Warmer than the uk!!) but we are sufferin out here!! Thers f** all 2 do during winter apart from troodos!! :mad:

Top tour while it lasted ( 2+ yrs) but couldn't wait to get home................ The novelty had definitely worn off.

Winter yuk - the 3mth Christmas break in Kosovo was a welcome relief!  Summer superb. Liver still trying to recover 2yrs later.

Please don't send me back as a singlie.

Is this 'Absolute Shower' thing included in all of your posts, meant to be witty?  Try grinning in an 'Absolute F*ckwit' Stylee, as that about sums you up.

Or some from my father's time.....

Caribbean, Hong Kong, Middle East.....

I think we need to go invade somewhere, or at least ask one or two countries if they'd mind becoming colonies again..... ;D

It starts to get warm round about March or April........but it will still be warm too anyone who comes from the U.K!!Wait till Feburary if you like winter sports!! Hey I think everyones entitled to thier own opinion!! Rock on with the comments!! It's interesting to know peoples opinions!! :)

Loved it, got back in Nov 02 after 2 of the best years in my service life (other than working with the RAF).

Good work environment, MQ, social life & the kids were spoilt for what to do next, plus they were the safest they have ever been.

On top of that, tax free car etc, holiday allowance (went to Egypt on mine), easy access to Lebanon, Greece, Syria, Israel & so on.

Send me back please.

It has it's ups and downs i have to admit!!Can't wait till i get out of here back to the UK or Nothern Ireland!!oh well only 8 months to go!! ;D

V

vespa

ive been to cyprus as a holiday maker loved it , i would n't mind working on the green line i would get to see the places tourist wouldn't get to see  ;D famagusta hotels , ive heard of a car showroom in the streets of nicosia full of 1974 cars cool !  8)

Ive seen those cars. It's well funny!! There is lots of places to explore. My personal favourite is the North Turkish Republic!! :)

V

vespa

im made a one day visit twice to the north nicosia , but as to going further , i may have to have a holiday in the north ! any recomendations ? , also is it possible to go the north through the british bases i thought i saw a road crossing in derkelia base on the famagusta road mmmm any body shed any light on that ?

Not in Dhekelia, but in Ay Nik!! Kyrenia is a good place to go for a good time!! You get a better welcoming in the North of Cyprus!! It's better to live here and go than be a tourist!! Only trouble is u have to get a pass allowing you to cross the Ay Nik gate.  :( Oh well you can't win them all!!